XJ 600 Pe Diversion

mrtone
This post is 2894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As you can see I'm a newby but I thought I'd put my first real post in here.

Here goes...................I bought an XJ 600 as a project for this summer - when ever that arrives :(. Of course a non-runner but I'm determined to get it going again. The bike had been standing for 4 years and the carbs had been removed within that time as with most of the other bits and pieces. Not surprising, the bike was seized. I say 'was' because it's now unsiezed after dropping tons of oil etc down the bores. As the carbs were off I spent a few days in September ( The indian summer we had) taking those to bits and giving them a good clean inside and out! So they are ready to go on once it's warmer.

To be continued......................................... 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

cool,. i have the '91 XJ engine in my FZ600. there was one at Stafford for £750

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies :)

Stripping the carbs down was quite an experience being that the previous owner had store them outside in a box that was half filled with water! And most of the electronics! Well, pulling the carbs away from each other there was one of those 'false widow spiders' the size of a tarantula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Needless to say it got a well aimed hammer.

I did get funny looks from people walking by as I was hoovering out a birds next in the air in-take - the bird had long since gone - and also those bleedin' false widow spiders that were all over the place. One good thing is that the wiring loom has been modified so no more glass fuse's (dampness). Hopefully, once I get it going, it'll be time to work on the brakes - I think you need them LOL.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online