Stafford Today

This post is 2915 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went with a couple of local guys to Stafford today. though the weather was nice but it started raining heavily on the way back.

Still enjoyed myself and spent about 5 hours there

some photos;

xs/tx500

Bond Norton from "Spectre"

very nice TRX850

1945 triumph concept, looks great

Guy Martin's wall of death trident

Metchamex TZRD 350 reverse Cylinder

Metchamex  reverse and normal cyl prototype

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That right/wrong cyl thing is weird, there is nowhere for any airbox and the carbs will get cooked, surely you want the centre cyls to be reversed for the exhaust route and then the carbs won't overheat.

The carbs on my gsx600f had jets 10% smaller due to heat, how far will they have to go with this. Could be a wind up, or something to confuse competitors?

9 minutes ago, Cynic said:

That right/wrong cyl thing is weird, there is nowhere for any airbox and the carbs will get cooked, surely you want the centre cyls to be reversed for the exhaust route and then the carbs won't overheat.

The carbs on my gsx600f had jets 10% smaller due to heat, how far will they have to go with this. Could be a wind up, or something to confuse competitors?

Mechamex were doing this, they run the TZrd350 you can see in the other pikkies, the airbox was rather nifty with the rad in the oil catcher

the front wheel will pick up crap, so I assume having them outboard might make sense.

I don't think they would have made the spannies as is and just to forget about the rest of the bike

True, just seems odd, keep your legs warm in winter I suppose. Just seems an awful lot of things are going to have to fit in a very small space.

While getting pretty fkin hot at the same time, imagine trying to sort the jetting when the temps are so extreme, 2 cooled carbs with cold air and 2 heated fed with hot which gets more extreme the longer it runs..

Its a protortype after all, the rd700 at squires had carb problems with heat and they were in the 'right' place.

Hey, I'm not called cynic for nothing. Love the 'o'ring barrels though.

Brill pics,  , was it cold on the run,?  freezn up north,  . pickin up your engine next sat,  [ as guy was on the piss sat nigghht].  I like to be early, as most city folks are still in bed , and less Traffic, . :car:

22 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

Brill pics,  , was it cold on the run,?  freezn up north,  . pickin up your engine next sat,  [ as guy was on the piss sat nigghht].  I like to be early, as most city folks are still in bed , and less Traffic, . :car:

it was warm on the way down, then the scotish weather set in with wnid and then rain. Still we were inside for the worst of the weather .

Nick emailed to say you were picking up next week, cheers John :thumb:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online