Scala rider help!

Harrywr65
This post is 2894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys,

im looking around for a Bluetooth headset, as I'm sick of having to use a pair of iPhone headphones!, I'm really confused as to what one to go for? Does anyone own one and can point me in the right direction? I don't want to be spending loads but would rather pay a little extra for a decent set! 

Thanks in advance guys! 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Harry, I have a Viper helmet, flip front and Bluetooth, works really well for me and quite cheap if you think £150 is cheap of course, on my second one now, wife bought me a new one at Christmas, other one is sitting in the cupboard upstairs. If you want my old one your more than welcome, nothing wrong with it no scratches and never been dropped, had it for 2 years but only wore it in the summer (yeah I know !!) In silver and has 2 very small holes drilled into the outer cover NOT the helmet to mount my camera. Oh yeah the size XL or 62cm if that helps, got a big head (urk!) been told that before not funny anymore ok? Otherwise I would suggest that you go try one, I find it really fits well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlynoSktq97tUREopilWXThis one RSV131 I think, my new one is the RSV151.Viper-RSV151-BL-Bluetooth-Flip-UP-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Helmet-Yellow-Grade-ARSV151

Ride reviewed a load in the May edition.

Their Best Buy was Interphone F5MC @ £199 (single)/ £339 (pair)

They also recommended:

Intaride D8 @  £138 / £269 and Interphone F3MC @ £110 / £180

I have a Scala G4 which I've had for about 8 years and would recommend  (last time I looked the G9 was the latest so they might be reasonably priced)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, slice said:

Hi Harry, I have a Viper helmet, flip front and Bluetooth, works really well for me and quite cheap if you think £150 is cheap of course, on my second one now, wife bought me a new one at Christmas, other one is sitting in the cupboard upstairs. If you want my old one your more than welcome, nothing wrong with it no scratches and never been dropped, had it for 2 years but only wore it in the summer (yeah I know !!) In silver and has 2 very small holes drilled into the outer cover NOT the helmet to mount my camera. Oh yeah the size XL or 62cm if that helps, got a big head (urk!) been told that before not funny anymore ok? Otherwise I would suggest that you go try one, I find it really fits well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlynoSktq97tUREopilWXThis one RSV131 I think, my new one is the RSV151.Viper-RSV151-BL-Bluetooth-Flip-UP-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Helmet-Yellow-Grade-ARSV151

Hello slice, 

thats the kind of money I was wanting to spend, I was more looking at getting something to 'clip' on to my helmet as i payed £450 for my helmet and haven't had it long! Thank you for the very kind offer though! There's so many Bluetooth kits about but I've always heard the Scala stuff is the best. Only problem is there are so many different ones it's a pain to figure out what one suits me best! Think I'm going to go with the Q1? Looks fairly decent for the money! 

13 hours ago, clarke said:

Ride reviewed a load in the May edition.

Their Best Buy was Interphone F5MC @ £199 (single)/ £339 (pair)

They also recommended:

Intaride D8 @  £138 / £269 and Interphone F3MC @ £110 / £180

I have a Scala G4 which I've had for about 8 years and would recommend  (last time I looked the G9 was the latest so they might be reasonably priced)

Il take a look on the Internet and see if I can find there review! Cheers! 

• Like 1

Check amazon dude, I got one for about £30, I think the brand is avantree. Sound quality for music isn't the best but for sat nav/the odd phone call its fine

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, finnerz89 said:

Check amazon dude, I got one for about £30, I think the brand is avantree. Sound quality for music isn't the best but for sat nav/the odd phone call its fine

Il have a look,

My only issue is I'm rather fussy about the earphone, the hard plastic ones get right on my nerves, my last one lasted all of 5 minutes before I pulled over and ripped it out! Cheers man! 

My lid has spaces in the lining for the speakers but I know what you mean

I use a Sena SMH10 which I've had for 5 or 6 years, the speakers fit into spaces in my lid, works well with my sat nav, phone and blue tooth mp3 player although I've not tried talking to other bike riders. The only trouble I had was when I drove past a shopping mall and picked up 2 security guards talking to each other and it was so loud it nearly blew my brains out.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Harrywr65 said:
On 24/04/2016 at 2:01 PM, finnerz89 said:

Not to sure what's happening with reply as it's coming up in finnerz box? Anyway - il give the SMH10 a look! Cheers guys! 

your using the quote button to reply

I tried to delete the quote but it wouldn't let me delete the box? Bloody iPhone's! 

Meatloaf how much did you pay for yours roughly?? There on Amazon for £130. Does that sound right? 

2 hours ago, Harrywr65 said:

Meatloaf how much did you pay for yours roughly?? There on Amazon for £130. Does that sound right? 

TBH I cant remember how much I paid but I think it was more than that but it was quite new at the time, £130 sounds like a fair price. I did try some cheaper ones but they were all crap and got sent straight back, never regretted paying the extra for SMH10.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online