Done it at last

meatloaf
This post is 2889 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Started work as an apprentice electrical engineer nearly 49 years ago at the ripe old age of 15, been working for myself as a gardener for the last 7 years or so after getting really pissed off with the rat race, now as of today I'm retired. I've been reducing the amount of work I've been doing over the last couple of years untill it was'nt worth keeping my little van, so thats it no more work, feet up and relax and i can hear those country roads calling me already. :lol:

• Like 6

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Make the most of it! My parents are absolutely loving their retirement - always off on adventures.

• Like 2

Well done mate. I hope you have a long and happy retirement.....If it doesn't work out you can get a job as a hairdresser, after all you already have the car for it  ;)

• Like 2

Glad you finally joined the club mate, been retired since 2000 and really can't remember what work was, your going to get bored at first at least I did, still get up at 7 O/Clock everyday but now I do what I want and a sunny day with the road calling makes it worth while. See you out there. :thumb:

2008+883L-pc1.jpg

• Like 2

lucky you, enjoy your retirment and maybe start ridinmg a bit further seeing as you don't really need to get back for monday morning :)

• Like 1

Dont know if any other of you retired folk have this, but one thing perplexing me is that I have simply lost track of the day of the week. I reckon its down to the fact that doing stuff at the weekend was the only option while working. Now if I do that stuff in the week, I lose track of the days. I only knew it was Sunday today cos I looked at my Stafford ticket

• Like 1

Happy retirement Meatloaf. I've been retired two years now and I've been putting my chemical engineering background to the test. For the last two years I've been trying to convert beer, wine and whisky into urine. I'm getting there slowly but think it will take a few more years yet.

• Like 1

Ok, note in diary. Things to do when I retire?

In 2038:cry2: if they don't move the dates again,jealous? not :P

• Like 2

Happy retirement meatloaf!  Hope you have a happy and long one.

My retirement is 2053, better boost up the payments so I can still build the bikes haha

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online