Finally back on the road

Grouch
This post is 2889 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Finally back on the road after nearly 4 months. I repaired all the damage and replaced the ignition myself as well with the help of a friend. The ignition was a nightmare to swap. It was held in by headless bolts. 

• Like 7

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice one Grouch, now fit the frigging alarm!!!! :shrug::lol:

• Like 1

:hyper::hyper: well done :thumb:

Alarms getting fitted today. Last night was hell. I didn't sleep a wink. Every little noise I heard I had to look through the window. I'm really paranoid and on edge now. My bike getting nicked was a horrible experience even though I got it back, all the damage makes it feel different.

• Like 3

The nightmare is over after 4 months of hell my bike is back on the road and is alarmed up to high heaven. I sincerely hope none of you get your bike stolen. Invest in security. Especially disc locks and alarms. Cheap £6.99 disc locks from eBay saved my bike from being a gang of low life teenagers joy ride. I would of got shafted by the insurance as well. I hate insurers they are as bad as the scum that steal bikes.

• Like 1

Alarms fitted and I've bought some more chains/locks and fitted a new outdoor security light. I haven't had a decent night's sleep since bringing the bike home. Every little noise I hear and I have to check. With all the time and effort on security and sleepless nights fretting about it getting stolen, it's taking some of the pleasure away from being a biker.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online