Paul111
This post is 2905 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not that great at introduction threads but I thought I'd stick one up anyways

Been a lurker here for ages so thought it was about time I joined up

Got a Xs250 late last year for free as a wee winter project to keep me busy so been chipping away at that over winter to keep me busy, Can imagine the state of it for being a free bike! 

Went for a tracker kinda look, Still got a few bits and bobs to get before I can see if it runs but if it dosnt run I'm thinking of possibly doing an engine swap to a 2 smoker just to have something that could be enjoyable as I've heard the 250s are quite boring bikes to drive haha

Nothing set in stone as of yet 

Will stick pics up when I get some time but there's  not all that much too look at right now 

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:wavey: welcome aboard! Looking forward to picks. 

:welcome:  funny enough I have an xs400 tracker and an '87 FZ600, a few cc's above your bikes but exactly the same chassis on both

20 hours ago, drewpy said:

:welcome:  funny enough I have an xs400 tracker and an '87 FZ600, a few cc's above your bikes but exactly the same chassis on both

Yeh I've seen your xs on the site already like, Alot of bits I like on it!

My fzr is an sp version so had adjustable suspension and majority of parts are lightened as standard makes for a pretty decent handling bike in standard form! I got it as a roller and had a 600 engine in it previously  but split it for parts a few years ago, it's gonna end up with a thundercat engine squeezed into it along with a gt15 or 17 turbo at sometime down the line just never got free time or cash to get a donar bike bought! 

18 hours ago, YDS7Paul said:

Hi paul111 just picked up on your post if you do swap the engine I would very interested in parts from the original. 

Yeh no worries! I dunno if it will get swapped out as of yet, It's got semi decent compression but has been off the road for years so until I get a wiring loom made and a set of coils and my carbs rebuilt I won't know for sure what my plans are

16 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Hi paul "  the XS250 boring :rolleyes: , never   , ask Jimmy, [ member]   :welcome:

I've seen him mention it before! Seem to remember him saying he drove it about 1000 miles over 3 years as it was always broken or something haha 

Also to everyone else cheers for the welcome! Seems like a friendly site conpared the others I'm on ha 

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online