Summer bikers

Variomatic
This post is 2871 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1 minute ago, meatloaf said:

Did I say nod

Oh, I do as often as I can.  It's just that the instructor describes himself as 'not a biker' so not sure that he'd be happy with me keep nodding back when I'm being trained. :-)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

..-.   ..-  -.-.  -.-       ....  ..  --       Nod if you want

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jimmy said:

.-.. --- .-..

56 minutes ago, jimmy said:

.-.. .- -. --. ..- .- --. .

Morseman, if your Instructor is "Not a biker" then find someone who is, riding is about passion the sheer joy of being out there just you and the road, if you have some numpty with a boring voice wittering away in you helmet who is only interested in the money you bring in then your not really being shown how to be a rider, you'll know when your a rider, it's when your out in the freezing cold with rain lashing down and everyone tries to kill you and you say "That was fun, let's do it again!" :lol:

• Like 3

When I was a courier I'd nod to other riders but if it was one of the other couriers the etiquette was to raise your right leg in salute ( saved taking your hand off the bars ) . I'm sure car drivers wondered what the bloody hell that was all about , lol .

most of the car drivers know the leg raised mean thank you, kev.

at base, nod is for salute in the city other bikers, left hand when you meet another biker ( Barry Sheene  fault for this), right leg when you overtake another biker (left hand in UK)

those days, the legs for thanks when filtering or for salute when overtake, the left hand for thanks when filtering, overtaking or salute the bikes you meet. in austria if i`m not wrong, they also use to salute giving a short left signal and in romania they "show" you something on the ground with 2 fingers from left hand (this practically is a tribute for the dead bikers friends) so, don`t look on the road, just give them back the salute :))

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:35 PM, jimmy said:

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:32 PM, drewpy said:

Clichee  BUGGERS 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2016 at 2:21 PM, Cynic said:

Nah! 3 and 4 cover most of the season except for ???, i think its a Tuesday this year.

Nah, this is the 'seasons' of topical discussion between bikers, either on road or on forums, not neccesarily concurrent with the weather seasons. ;)

On 01/04/2016 at 6:32 PM, drewpy said:

If you wanna show off, try Sindarin in an Eldamar font... ;)

On 02/04/2016 at 10:26 PM, lallasro said:

most of the car drivers know the leg raised mean thank you, kev.

at base, nod is for salute in the city other bikers, left hand when you meet another biker ( Barry Sheene  fault for this), right leg when you overtake another biker (left hand in UK)

those days, the legs for thanks when filtering or for salute when overtake, the left hand for thanks when filtering, overtaking or salute the bikes you meet. in austria if i`m not wrong, they also use to salute giving a short left signal and in romania they "show" you something on the ground with 2 fingers from left hand (this practically is a tribute for the dead bikers friends) so, don`t look on the road, just give them back the salute :))

UK:
Left hand raised as you overtake, right leg if you're being overtaken, means Hello.
Nod as you pass oncoming bikes, means Hello again.
Two fingers pointed down means hazard ahead, for the oncoming bike.
Two fingers pointed up diagonally, arm fully extended, means speed camera ahead.
Fist on top of head, thumb down, means Police ahead.

• Like 4

Apparently in France the *ahem* 'motorcycling community' (substitute with w/e name you want) wave all the time. I think that is pretty cool. I have found my 2 wheeled comrades to be much more friendly in the North. I would say it is most likely due to the fact that it is simply nicer to ride there/people are less infuriated. To be honest I am not exactly friendly filtering through Central London traffic at 7am - most likely you will simply here some 'swearing *grumble grumble* GTFO of the way lorry - how can you be allowed to drive such a monstrosity of a vehicle during rush hour etc'. and most people I hear are saying the same... occasionally sharing the same disapproving glance with my fellow motorcyclists when we both ask ourselves 'WTF is that guy doing.'

Last week a car decided to change lane and then turn with no signal whatsoever almost causing a collision- the guy behind me caught up to him, gave him the finger and beeped about 10 times. Not exactly a nod but his expression of anger was appreciated haha..

(Usually less swearing and grumbling on my days off)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, Morseman said:

Oh, I do as often as I can.  It's just that the instructor describes himself as 'not a biker' so not sure that he'd be happy with me keep nodding back when I'm being trained. :-)

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, Morseman said:

Who is your instructor?,I live near you and mine is also not a biker.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online