Jump to content
Harrywr65

What do you guys make of this?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

now, about 6 months ago I bought my wr125x brand new from Yamaha, since then I've done 1000mls, as I walked past my bike today at work I realised my coolant level was way below minimum. Now for a 65 plate bike with 1k on this doesn't seem right? 

It's not leaking, but it does smoke on start up when cold? Faulty headgasket? 

What do you guys make of this?? 

Cheers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just top it up in the first instance and then key an eye on it. it's probably just burped a few times and the level has dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, pilninggas said:

I'd just top it up in the first instance and then key an eye on it. it's probably just burped a few times and the level has dropped.

topped it up bang on max level so il check it out in 100 miles or so! Just weird how I've noticed this and had the Whitey colour smoke since new...

Dont fancy another trip back to Yamaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harrywr65 said:

topped it up bang on max level so il check it out in 100 miles or so! Just weird how I've noticed this and had the Whitey colour smoke since new...

Dont fancy another trip back to Yamaha!

White smoke could potentially be a bad head gasket, but with only 1K on the bike I very much doubt it, also since it only does it when it's cold it seems unlikely, on the other hand if it it is you can take it straight back to the dealer and they'll have to fix it since it's under warranty. with only being a year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pilninggas said:
5 hours ago, Variomatic said:

White smoke could potentially be a bad head gasket, but with only 1K on the bike I very much doubt it, also since it only does it when it's cold it seems unlikely, on the other hand if it it is you can take it straight back to the dealer and they'll have to fix it since it's under warranty. with only being a year old.

I'd just top it up in the first instance and then key an eye on it. it's probably just burped a few times and the level has dropped.

Il see how it goes and if it does start getting low again, il pop into yamaha! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's only when it's cold it's probably condensation/water vapour that's collected in your exhaust

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...