What do you guys make of this?

Harrywr65
This post is 2945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,

now, about 6 months ago I bought my wr125x brand new from Yamaha, since then I've done 1000mls, as I walked past my bike today at work I realised my coolant level was way below minimum. Now for a 65 plate bike with 1k on this doesn't seem right? 

It's not leaking, but it does smoke on start up when cold? Faulty headgasket? 

What do you guys make of this?? 

Cheers!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd just top it up in the first instance and then key an eye on it. it's probably just burped a few times and the level has dropped.

35 minutes ago, pilninggas said:

I'd just top it up in the first instance and then key an eye on it. it's probably just burped a few times and the level has dropped.

topped it up bang on max level so il check it out in 100 miles or so! Just weird how I've noticed this and had the Whitey colour smoke since new...

Dont fancy another trip back to Yamaha!

4 hours ago, Harrywr65 said:

topped it up bang on max level so il check it out in 100 miles or so! Just weird how I've noticed this and had the Whitey colour smoke since new...

Dont fancy another trip back to Yamaha!

White smoke could potentially be a bad head gasket, but with only 1K on the bike I very much doubt it, also since it only does it when it's cold it seems unlikely, on the other hand if it it is you can take it straight back to the dealer and they'll have to fix it since it's under warranty. with only being a year old.

10 hours ago, pilninggas said:
5 hours ago, Variomatic said:

White smoke could potentially be a bad head gasket, but with only 1K on the bike I very much doubt it, also since it only does it when it's cold it seems unlikely, on the other hand if it it is you can take it straight back to the dealer and they'll have to fix it since it's under warranty. with only being a year old.

Il see how it goes and if it does start getting low again, il pop into yamaha! 

If it's only when it's cold it's probably condensation/water vapour that's collected in your exhaust

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online