Why is the cable pully exposed on this Yamaha Raider?

KiwiYamaha
This post is 2925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I saw that in the first photos but couldn't quite make it out . Does the owner have an explanation ? My guess is the exhaust may have been changed and that these are the cables for an exhaust valve on the original . It's just a guess though , I'm not familiar with these bikes . What are the other end of the cables connected to ?

Meatloaf will know. He has one. Same exhausts too.

Awesome, who is meatloaf?!

Yeah as he said it was something to do with the exhaust as these are after market. I have the bike booked into the shop 1pm Saturday for pre sales inspection so I'll confirm then also. I'll have them check out all the concerns.

One of the forum regulars.

Sorry guys don't have a clue, there is nothing like that on my bike, when I changed my pipes I just had to remove the o2 senser and fit it to the new pipes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy's, thanks for the assistance.

I am still in the process of purchasing. I have finally been approved from the lender and down to a couple of bikes.

Regarding this particular raider and these cables i had questions on. I asked the current owner who is selling them. He just replied,

"The cables controlled a butterfly valve that prevented backfiriing on the stock pipes that had an opening for the valve, I have found an aftermarket pipes that have a place for the valve"

Does this sound plausible? I am not very mechanically minded and as i have never owned a raider to date, i wouldn't know if this is true or not and was hoping you guys might lend advise on his reply.

The raider is a 2013 model.

James

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online