New member saying hi.

This post is 2921 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I have today purchased a dragstar 1100. After an awful ride home ( weather and bike problems) I am still excited and hasty with the purchase. I think a home service and carb clean and check we should be running smoothly! (Well that's what I am hoping!) This is my first cruiser type bike and even with all the problems on the journey home there were moments where I could see what the draw is. Comfortable and easy going. I think my sports bike days are well and truly behind me now.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Greetings and welcome to the world of cruising. How about a little picky of the bike.

:wavey: welcome aboard!

Hi Craig, Welcome to the YOC. Warm spring and summer days a lazy engine and a comfy seat, you'll be in heaven mate.:D

welcome. Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Keep us updated. Cheers

Had a look at her yesterday.

It would come to light that neither ht lead was pushed on properly. The spark plug gaps were almost none existent and the air pipes. From collection box and to air filter were not on securely. And the alternator was not charging. After cleaning the connectors that is sorted. Now its running loads better! Going to change plugs do oil and filter then get carbs cleaned and balanced. She needs a paint job so will be on the look out for ideas.

• Like 2

Looks nice and comfy! :thumb: 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online