Finally !!

KevtheRev
This post is 2920 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

At last ! I managed to get hold of an LC tank in fairly good nick . It's got some filler , scratches and small dents but no rust as far as I can see . I'll enjoy rubbing it back into shape and I'll get saving for a mitaka clutch kit and a set of gearbox bearings .  I'm thinking yellow for the tank .  Any one out there got any LC gear selector forks lying around ?? Two of mine are shagged .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if they happen to be the same as the aircooleds then yes i have some spare selectors here , just looked at parts list and numbers are differnt

With your record Kev you could knock a couple together out of an old bean can and a big hammer! :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mervin said:

if they happen to be the same as the aircooleds then yes i have some spare selectors here , just looked at parts list and numbers are differnt

Thanks Mervin , I'll see if I can find out . As far as I know there's a few bikes and the Banshee Quad all sharing the same set up .

3 hours ago, mervin said:

Thanks Mervin , I'll see if I can find out . As far as I know there's a few bikes and the Banshee Quad all sharing the same set up .

Right , Selector fork part numbers -    2GU-18511-00  Fork #1

2GU-18512-00  Fork #2 .

I think 2GU is the model code for the Banshee quad but the digits are the same on the LC .  Cheers Mervin .

1 hour ago, slice said:

With your record Kev you could knock a couple together out of an old bean can and a big hammer! :lol: 

Needs must when the Divil drives Slice ! lol !

Not sure which model yours are from Mervin but this link is for the '79 400F ,http://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam/50041cb4f8700209bc7861a1/shifter-1 

• Like 1

Man they're Identical except for the split pins ! Mine don't have those . I managed to track down the two I need from one o' the blokes over on the RDLCcrazy forum . So I'll leave those with you in case someone needs those exact ones .  Glad you posted the pics . Thanks for taking the time Mervin , much appreciated .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online