A Brief History

Jack R1
This post is 2865 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heres a quick history of the bikes I've owned (as you can see its a Yamaha fest with a few rogue ones thrown in). Apart from when I was 16 / 17 there has always been a Yamaha in the garage :)

Suzuki TS50ER

Suzuki TS125X

Kawasaki AR125

Yamaha RD350LC

Yamaha FZR250RR

Yamaha FZ600

Honda CBR400R

Yamaha FZR600

Ducati M600

Yamaha R1 (2000)

Yamaha R1 (2002)

carbonbits1.jpg

Suzuki GSXR600 (2003)

Yamaha R1 (2004) x 2

026.jpg

R15.jpg

Yamaha R1 (2007)

Yamaha R1 (2009)

IMG_3810.jpg

Human Female (2014) - Current

image_zpsolmltdrn.jpg

Suzuki SV650 (2005) - Current

040.jpg

Suzuki SV650 (2006) - Current

SV650_zpsw4gaoodi.jpg

Yamaha TR1 (1983) - Current

image_zps7lbpx79i.jpg

Yamaha SRX600 (1985) - Current

image_zpsrsbtzkws.jpeg

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Lovely set of machines Jack, I imagine the "Human female" has an annoying whine tho, both my boy's had it as well, fixed it with a large helping of fuel. :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, slice said:

Lovely set of machines Jack, I imagine the "Human female" has an annoying whine tho, both my boy's had it as well, fixed it with a large helping of fuel. :D

I found Milk has very good lubricating qualities to stop the whine

• Like 2

Nope!

The whining will keep changing in cause, frequency, volume and duration for years, 3 human females (for 3 weeks out of 4 anyway) in my house.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Two in my house and the whining never stops. The newer model a Y2K version is probably the whiniest

As an aside, I was away for my annual medical for work t'other week and after the hearing test the bloke says I have some hearing loss in the higher frequency "that will be the pitch my wife speaks at" says I....Mr Politically Correct was not at all amused

• Like 1

nice bikes, like the TR1

Hope the wife didn't see the baby on the floor, I know mine would go mad

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

Lovely bikes man . Anybody know why the SRX's had a decal on saying "Light Sports" ?  Bloody things weigh a ton !

172kg wet... That's not heavy!! My FJ weighs 266kg and that was initially put out as a sports bike!!

Probably light sports because it's only a 600?

• Like 1