*Basic question* Adjusting right-hand wing mirror position XV(S)250

cliverlong
This post is 2933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

The right-hand wing mirror on my Virago XV(S)250 is stuck in one place (out-of-place, having been knocked when parked). There are two nuts underneath the mirror "stem". When adjusting the position of the mirror I don't want to force and strip the thread - especially where the stem inserts is all part of a handlebar attachment including the brake fluid topup (sorry for technically incorrect words). Which way do I loosen the nuts and in which order, so I can adjust the position of the mirror?

Thanks,

Clive

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Clive, Don't know your particular bike but most mirrors have a ball and socket connector at the top lower base of the mirror for adjustment, I think your talking about the actual mounting bolts/nut's for your mirror, might be wrong but you usually just grad the mirror body and twist it to where you want it to be, they are usually fairly stiff cos you don't want them waggling about when your riding the bike.

416Nojb7OKL._SY300_.jpg something like this one, see the connector going into the back of the mirror body, yours might be completely different of course but this is how most of them work. Hope that helps mate. Thinking about it if it moved when you knocked it it should move back to the original place by just grabbing it and firmly tweaking it to the original position.

It always used to be on Yamaha's that the RH side mirror (Throttle side) had a left hand thread where it screwed into the handlebar mount and the LH side mirror (clutch lever side) had a normal right hand thread.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online