Ready for 2016.

slice
This post is 2905 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick update on the FJR, through the winter it's had a bit of a spruce up, new set of exhausts new set of S/S brake lines front and rear new S/S clutch line, rebuilt the front and rear brake calipers (new seals) plus brake pads, I bought a Rear wheel hugger for it as well, didn't need it but I thought it looked the dogs. Did a full service as well, Christ the price of filters is daft on these things, fitted a front headlight protector to it as well, I thought that it might save me £600 if it protects it from a friendly rock, bought a new Chinese radiator for it from good old ebay (£150) really quite astonished how good it is compared to the original OE part which costs a staggering £600 as well plus a few other bits and bob's like fender extenders and S/S radiator protector, also fitted a new (old stock) rear MONO shock to it, again from ebay for a third of the price of a new one, taken from a French police bike which they uprate on arrival from Japan. So most of it done now just need to replace the fork seals and head stock bearings, next winter will see that sorted cos it's time to get my leg over the seat and see what's out there.

A few photos to show off the shiny bit's

ZCBOaqlPp0lLgZHyv-ODUkCLiRX0EQtx8yuRIcQh

i_sD6E-yI6sQG9dfxRJxVes3i9SUVqv5_JSkuqyC

OXsDRv4FalOKLwWnjhxU_ej5rKh4a1DBHjfYO5xs

uxCeFW7UHHIwmg-SbxnB2ZVSrgL6wWF1CE7jGkqC

Hope your all ready for the spring and summer madness.

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Images didn't work for me... Is it just me? :rolleyes: 

image.png

Try the second one down Sacha seems to be a problem with the first one.

Very nice! :thumb: 

• Like 1

great looking bike. Well done.

• Like 1

Lassy the bike cost me £2500, the wife's shopping trip (are you sitting down?) was the grand total of £4345 inc flight and hotel, I mumbled a bit but knew which side my bread was buttered mate, if I moan I'm going to get "well you have got a new bike!" and to be honest I don't really mind she goes to work and if she enjoyed it why not, you only live once and as they say a shroud don't have pockets. :D

Plus I got a good deal on the Titanium cans for the  bike which she said nothing about, PipeweX Titanium with demountable baffles, I think it sounds awesome.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Slice,  Yup !

Nice pics.

Rolled the FJ out of the garage 3 weeks ago. (after what, 5 months or so?)  Battery was shagged so a quick charge, off to work via the bike place for MOT.

Couple of hours later problem free MOT + new battery.

Rear tire on it's last legal legs but can do that a bit later.

Been commuting ever since, apart from the shit days, like today.

Like a sewing machine.  Happy days :-)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online