XV 950 noise on acceleration

bambiker
This post is 2933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Eight month old XV 950 with less than 4.5k on the clock. It's been back to the dealer on two occasions with a loud squeal on acceleration. The first time they said it was build up?? on the front brake, stripped and cleaned it, this didn't solve the issue. They still have it for the second time and they tell me that its normal for the gear box to whine. This is not a whine, this is a squeal, loud enough to hear over the wind noise and ear plugs, and to attract the attention of pedestrians. It is being test ridden again today but they claim not to be able to hear the noise. really at a loss, if anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them.

Been in touch with Yamaha cust. service who to be frank are not helping a great deal.

Dose anyone have a contact email for Andrew Smith,  Vice President Sales & Marketing Operations at Yamaha Motor Europe?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sorry, I don`t know exactly what is a  squeal but if is what I think, may be another issue, this noise is coming also in no gear? or just when the bike is moving? if the noise is just when the bike is moving, is the transmission belt, your rear wheel is not correctly aligned +/or the wheel ax not tight enough. so, if is this, try to tight a bit more the left side adjuster, and be sure the centrer ax is properly tight when you finish the job. the noise can come from the wheel or from the engine side. if is not this, I have no idea what can be, this is the only problem I had with my xvs.

also the noise is not coming all the time, is coming especially after the belt get wet.. riding in rain or humidity or after washing. I have to do this all the time after I change the tyre :)

I hope you understand my... english lol good luck

Have you thought of making a short video of what's happening? I know it sounds daft but if you look on YouTube there are loads of vids about things like this, it really helps explain what your talking about and you can get loads of answers to your problem, just a thought mind.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online