DX250 YDS7 Differences (Garage find)

Morbius52
This post is 2941 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, i have just found a few old bikes in a abandoned garage includind a couple of old Yamahas. There is a gold and white 1970 plate Yam 250, which i thought was a yds7. But having looked on the net, it seems that they were gold and black in colour. Is it also the case that the yds7 wasn't made till 71 and for only one year. I as thinking it could be a dx250 as they came in gold and white, but info on them is very hard to find. Any help would be very appreciated. ps can't reduce picture file size to post here.

Edited by Morbius52
To mention posting pictures.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why do people asking questions like this NEVER post the engine/chassis numbers.

Mask the last 3 digits if you feel the need for security.

Right hand side of engine. Look below the carb where the inner and outer case joins. There will be a raised area roughly 3/4 inch by 2. The numbers will be stamped there. 

On the frame rhs of the headstock visible with the steering on full left lock.

Been the same on every yam since moses wore booties.

thats a YDS7 , never heard of a DX250 , some people wrongly call the RD250D  a RD250DX , but it was never known as that by yamaha , just some advertising in the uk called it that  ,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online