2008 r1 starting issue

r12gjg
This post is 2955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi I'm new to this site and also this bike ,2008 r1

loving the bike despite my problem. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

my problem when I try to start the bike it wont start unless I use throttle, it will then start when It does however it wont idle unless I rev it to around 6k and then it will sit and idle fine. rides perfect no problem until you shut it off and try to start it again. then I have to just do the same again. any help will be greatly appreciated. many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
On 27 February 2016 at 5:37 PM, r12gjg said:

hi I'm new to this site and also this bike ,2008 r1

loving the bike despite my problem. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

my problem when I try to start the bike it wont start unless I use throttle, it will then start when It does however it wont idle unless I rev it to around 6k and then it will sit and idle fine. rides perfect no problem until you shut it off and try to start it again. then I have to just do the same again. any help will be greatly appreciated. many thanks

I'd say double check the idle and if no luck then check all fuel lines and injectors? 

Let us know !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online