Morseman
This post is 2948 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I'm Dave, but I use the name Morseman because, in another hobby, I use Morse Code a lot.

I've just bought my first Yamaha.  It's a V reg XVS650 Drag Star.  However, it is a trike, not a bike.  I did do a search before posting this fact just to make sure that trikes were welcome on the forums. ;-)

Not having ever passed the bike test, it was the only way, other than going through all the hoops to get a full bike licence, that I could ride.  I have had a full car licence since I was 17, way back in 1979.

I'm going to get my CBT and I might decide to carry on to a full bike licence, I'll see how I go with a two wheeled machine.

I'll post my questions in the various other areas of the forums.

Thanks for letting me join.

--... ...--
Morseman

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No problem with trikes on here, one of the members is having trouble with his quad. There is even a thread running about a guitar.

We are a general Yamaha forum, although there are members without yamaha's too. Hell if your into the bike vibe, can cope with taking and HAVING the piss taken, then no matter what you park your arse on or in your welcome.

Were more 'group of mates in the pub talking bikes with a beer', exact detailed info we struggle with sometimes but otherwise pull up a chair.

• Like 2

:wavey: hiya Morseman! Welcome aboard!
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cynic said:

No problem with trikes on here, one of the members is having trouble with his quad. There is even a thread running about a guitar.

We are a general Yamaha forum, although there are members without yamaha's too. Hell if your into the bike vibe, can cope with taking and HAVING the piss taken, then no matter what you park your arse on or in your welcome.

Were more 'group of mates in the pub talking bikes with a beer', exact detailed info we struggle with sometimes but otherwise pull up a chair.

I've not seen the one about the guitar yet, but Yamaha did make a lot of musical instruments as well, of course.

I'm used to having the piss taken out of me, I am a Brummy after all. ;-)

Thanks, I've got the Rugby on the TV at the moment and the Haynes manual for the XVS650 open at the page on the various maintenance procedures.  I've even been back out to the garage to check on where the oil level display is (that's part of the CBT as well, I know).  I can now go and tell my CBT trainer that some bikes do have to be warm before you check the oil level.  I knew I remembered that from friends of mine who had bikes 'back in the day'. ;-)

--... ...--
Morseman

-- .- -. -.-- / - .... .- -. -.- ... .-.-.- / -- ..- -.-. .... / .- .--. .--. .-. . -.-. .. .- - . -.. .-.-.- / -.. . / --. ----- -.. .--- .-

Maybe we should stop the Morse code now?

Otherwise I'll connect my Begali Intrepid to the throttle of the Drag Star and start sending CQ using a bug key...

Hi Morseman.

I thought, from the name, that you were perhaps a character from He-Man or something! :lol:

Good bikes, those 650 Drags... especially the V-reg ones. They can take a lot of punishment, I promise you!!

Thanks Ttaskmaster,

Hoping that the weather wont be as bad as predicted for the weekend so that I can take it out again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online