my yamaha dt125r keeps cutting out

ben mcmahon
This post is 2991 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd say loose connection / earth. If you post a 'hello' in the introduction section some of the more knowledgeable guys may reply :thumb:

• Like 2

YEH Unscrew the plug cap , cut 8mm off the H,T lead.  and refit, .. [ ilimination  process ]  I take the fuel is fresh, 

And the next time it does this,  make shure its the spark,  put spare plug  in cap earth it to head, and turn it over,

Need to know what gets it working again (or appears to) to help.

Please keep in mind random threads make any kind of help impossible. Use this thread until you solve the issue to some sort of end. I have removed the other multiple posts and maybe a proper introduction in the new members area, as apposed to reposting your problem will give you a much better response. Things like skill level, is this your first bike etc.

Its not google fix for yams, just a lot of mates that like to  help out folk.

Thx.

On 06/02/2016 at 7:40 PM, ben mcmahon said:

my dtr keeps cutting out when it does this its like someones pressed the kill switch. it just doesnt fire at all. i have put a new spark plug in and its still the same, it only does it once in a while. can anyone help?

Take note of the above reply Ben.

If you are a genuine member asking for help we will bend over backwards to help you.

But. If you are a "one hit wonder" you will not get a lot of help here.

We do get a lot of bikers coming on here and expecting us to solve their problems and then never to be heard of again. I hope you're not one of them.

Regards

Mike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online