Deal or no deal

Dom1878
This post is 2975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon chaps and chapettes, quick query.

Went to get fork seals replaced at the weekend and came across a 2005 1100 Dragstar with under 15,000 on the clock.

Bloke has it up for four and a half grand, but may take 3 if I p/x the xvs125.

What do you think, worth investigating further?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not a particularly special deal there. Another £500 off would make it more reasonable, but like all bike buys, it pays to shop around first

An xvs125 in good shape, and not chopped/generally fucked up will always fetch good money

Cheers.

Most of the 1100s I come across in any decent nick are north of £3999 and I haven't found any 125s going for over £1700 unless they are showroom condition and whilst mine has been looked after by me, it maybe wasn't previously.

It's an 1100 Classic with full touring kit, and it's in the shop, not a private sale. A friend is the mechanic there and did the checks before taking it in, all sound underneath, and the monoshock is spotless. Has 12 months shop warranty on it too.

• Like 1

Wow. Lol. The geezer at J&S Northwich is gonna have fun trying to shift that for 3 grand. He must think its a 650.

True. Every comment I see on Yamaha sites these days (bar this one) are pictures of bobbed ones, or people looking for one to bob.
Wouldn't it be better to bob ugly bikes and leave these alone? Couldn't bear the thought of anyone cutting mine up.

• Like 1