Bike got stolen

Grouch
This post is 2919 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Haven't been on in a while guys, was focussing on getting my full licence but kept getting laid off and having to rely on agency work. Anyway three week ago woke up to go to work on a Saturday morning to find my bike gone. Went for a look around and it was in a nearby Snicket on its stand. The scum had bolt cropped 3 chains and a d lock. The saviours were a d lock and a disc lock on each wheel that they couldn't get off. They have HotWired it, snapped steering lock, smashed front indicators and for good measure slashed the front brake pipe. The bike is being stored in a garage and I haven't looked at it properly yet so there may be more damage. I'm going to go check it all properly tomorrow.

My excess is £500 so I haven't gone through the insurance. I'm going to source all the parts and repair it myself. The police didn't even come out. I could of cried.

So now its back to public transport and walking. The stupid thing is I bought an alarm months ago and not got round to fitting it. I still have a  year of finance to pay as well.

Horrible little cnts just wanted to rag it around and then set it on fire when they had run it into the groundground.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So sorry mate. Hope u get it sorted. That makes me angry. Cant imagine what u feel. 

Regards Simon 

Sorry to hear that Grouchy - your bad luck continues...

Glad you got the bike back, and hope it doesn't work out to be too expensive.

Good luck fixing it Grouch. Hope karma gets the little buggers 

Thanks for the support guys. Just had a proper look now and its not as bad as I thought. i will have her back on the road sooner than I thought. I'm going to do the work myself. I cant imagine it being too difficult. I just might struggle fitting the new ignition. 

ffS  grouch"o,  that is awfull news,   I couldn"t live in a city,  this make my blood boil, I would need revenge,    bastards, 

So sorry to hear this buddy, if i was closer or had my bike on the road i'd be down to give you a hand. might also be worth buying a cover for it as well (if not already got one) as if they can't see what you got then they normally just leave it.

Scary thing is tho is that as they have done it once, they may do it again once she's fixed up so try and get her out of view and some where harder to fuck about with.

Good luck with it mate and if you ever need a hand you know where we are, even if we cant be at your door we are all hear for written help.

There's been a lot of attempted and bike thefts in the area lately. It's got to be the same low life's doing it. I'm just worried now that once it's fixed they will try again. I can keep it in a friends garage but he lives a few miles away and it would be a ballache keeping it there. I'm just going to have to get the alarm fitted and go stupid with locks and chains. I don't think I'll be able to sleep properly again.

Make sure your chains are off the ground, doing this means that they will have to use their puny crack ridden arms to squeeze the bolt croppers rather than using the ground to there advantage and using their body weight to snap the chain.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2016 at 3:19 PM, Noise said:

Make sure your chains are off the ground, doing this means that they will have to use their puny crack ridden arms to squeeze the bolt croppers rather than using the ground to there advantage and using their body weight to snap the chain.

They were off the ground, they must of had a sharp, strong set off bolt crops.

On 03/02/2016 at 8:06 PM, neversaydie said:

Can you get the bike in the house? or knock up a little lean to, doesnt have to be anything grand

No can't get it in the house my door is raised about a foot off the ground with stairs. I think I'm going to concrete a wheel mount into the floor. Bikes still not done but I'm hoping won't be much longer. It seems the scum is going on a right little spree in and around my area. A few scooters and bikes have been stolen but a few he has been unable to get away with.

• 1 month later...

Bikes still off the road. I've replaced the brake hose, so some progress at least. I will get it sorted soon, especially with warmer weather on the way (hopefully). I really miss riding and it's starting to piss me off with all the 'summer' bikers I've seen the last few days. The problem now is I'm going to be so paranoid about it getting nicked again. I won't be able to sleep when it's back home. 

Hi Grouch, glad your still about mate, fit an alarm or get one fitted, they won't stop it getting nicked but if it goes off then they usually run and leave it for easier meat, this is the one I'm thinking if fitting to the FJR  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201267257704?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT but they do come cheaper and only cost a few quid to be fitted by any competent mechanic/electrical engineer, takes about day to fit if it's your first one and immobilises the bike. The guy selling these is NCook security and he will send an exact diagram for you bike to make the fitting easier, just look at his web site, choose the one you want and your done.

14 hours ago, slice said:

Hi Grouch, glad your still about mate, fit an alarm or get one fitted, they won't stop it getting nicked but if it goes off then they usually run and leave it for easier meat, this is the one I'm thinking if fitting to the FJR  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201267257704?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT but they do come cheaper and only cost a few quid to be fitted by any competent mechanic/electrical engineer, takes about day to fit if it's your first one and immobilises the bike. The guy selling these is NCook security and he will send an exact diagram for you bike to make the fitting easier, just look at his web site, choose the one you want and your done.

I've fitted a few of those alarms. Nigel Cook, like me, is a Design and Technology teacher. Those alarms are okay, but do not fit the remote start, as you need to disable the yamaha-immobiliser and that leaves the bike highly vulnerable to hot-wiring. Do not under any circumstances fit the in-built immobiliser, the reason being is that you need to cut and solder some of the most critical cables in the bike and you will be dependent on some unknown (presumably chinese) electronics within the alarm body to maintain function of the machine. You would not want the immobiliser of the alarm to kick in whilst you are in the outside lane of the motorway or worst still half way around a bend with the bike finely balanced. Sadly unless you can fully conceal the alarm and cover the cable to the siren, they can be disabled very quickly. If you do fit one, only connect the alarm to the battery and indicators, all the other features are irrelevant, insecure or dangerous.

++They are good notifying any scrotes near by that the bike will make a lot of noise and light if tampered with.

• Like 2