growing a beard

eddiebadboy
This post is 2647 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

No it's ok, he loves this sort of stuff - done a lot of his own research.

Don't recall when it happened during his duty, but he broke both his ankles when a dropped torpedo rolled and crushed him against the wall. They make an awful cracking noise! Had to have them set whilst still in the boat, then spend sometime down there before docking. You can see his face wince when they lock up...!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Totally agree Drewps, started off about growing a beard, then to tattoos now on to submarines. Talk about going off in a tangent but this is typical of conversation in this country, start off on one topic and end up talking about something totally different.

this thread is metamorphosing, wonder where else it will go [emoji4]

Yes sorry, my bad for this latest morph...!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bippo said:

Yes sorry, my bad for this latest morph...!

here's my latest Morph

char-morph.png

• Like 3

Right... Let's see where this takes us now...

I'm just glad Bippo didn't start giving us tips about growing beards....

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here is the latest Ambush, first of her class....Ambush, Astute and Artful so far URL]

Astute002.jpg

URL]

• Like 1

The one thing that strikes me as unusual in the RN is the naming (or re-naming) of ships.

As Bipps said her dad was on HMS Ambush which was a diesel/electrical boat but is now a nuclear submarine.

My first ship was HMS Triumph which was a converted aircraft carrier from the Korean war but is now a nuclear submarine. But before my Triumph it was a diesel/elec submarine.

On 25/01/2016 at 0:57 PM, jimmy said:

Here is the latest Ambush, first of her class....Ambush, Astute and Artful so far URL]

Astute002.jpg

URL]

Is she going into Faslane Jimmy?

Yes Mike. That was her first official patrol, so it's about 5 years old if not more. The other two are here as well

3 hours ago, jimmy said:

The other two are here as well

Hope the Russians don't read this,    1 strike and they"re  all out ,, :ph34r:  .  looks like the slowlane to me:D

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sporting a trimmed 4inch beard with 13 tats going from my fingers up to the top of my arm, only ones that really hurt was the fingers and just inside the arm pit.

Best way I find growing my beard is keeping in clean and use beard oil. I use grizzly bear beard oil from boots and plain old savalon for after care for the tats. 

DSC_0605_zpsjczotilr.jpg

Still got more to do to finish 

• Like 1

Behind the knee was the worst part of my tattoos for me. Finally trimmed my beard though. :biglaugha: 

• Like 3

I got my first tattoo aged 16 in the kitchen of a tenement flat in Johnstone (Jockland) A saturday morning and his wife was cooking rolls and sausage. I thought it was sore but looking at it the outline is about 2mm thick so I reckon he did it with a hot knife. Being a young Rebel without a Clue I opted for one where the skull was wearing a German Helmet with an SS logo on it. Once he had traced it on my arm I had a moment of clarity where I pictured my auld man cutting the fucking arm off ( whilst he was too young, he had 6 brothers who fought in the war) so I got him to change it to a bike helmet with a pair of goggles. Cost was £8, yes £8.....You get what you pays for I suppose

Having sworn not to go back, I found myself in the same kitchen a month later (I felt out of balance with just one arm done) Anyway this time I goes for the classic (at the time) eagle with my name under it. I showed it to a female friend not long after and she asks "Why did you get Oimmy tattooed on your arm"  Her and her sisters have called me oimmy ever since

I believe he now runs a shop in Paisley, and has improved considerably since those early days

• Like 3