XVS950A new bike

volrider
This post is 2938 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Some images of my new beast, I have named Dark Star it is a 2013 bike with 1400 miles on the clock.

I have added luggage although the rear bag is for long journeys ..its a bit big! Speedometer Cowl, saddlebag supports, tank pad and chrome trim on tank seam, other than that I am happy with it as it is maybe a riders back rest?? Wonder what other users think of the back rest?

I have always had Suzuki cruisers, VL800 and M800 so its a step away from those with the XVS but I do like riding it seems a lot smoother and the floorboards a better position (more forward than the VL800) It came with a quick release Switchblade screen and a sissy bar/rear rack oh and the incredibly loud Cobra pipes... I have the original pipes if I want to go back to a quieter bike! I know the XVS is an air cooled bike where the VL800 was water cooled, but here in the UK I doubt it will be a problem with our weak summers :O)IMG_2201_zpswf0yctad.jpgIMG_2208_zpsegjoigeq.jpgIMG_2204_zpsub7wjt5s.jpgIMG_2202_zpsupafn7h4.jpgIMG_2203_zpsyypivcww.jpgIMG_2198a_zpsukexl6ke.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Very nice! Are the pipes baffled? Cobra do a set of "quiet" baffles:

http://www.thehogfatheronline.com/baffle-quiet-core-24.html?fee=5&fep=321081&gclid=CjwKEAiAw4e1BRDfi7vghaWU9jESJACzo9jukczhAzhtSyiv7cEuxfX-E4cm2fRCfhcCY1pARENtpxoC1n3w_wcB

It'll still be loud, but somewhat more reasonable. 

Nice, love those big v twins

If it's anything like the two xvs1300,s I've had the stock pipes were way to quiet, cruisers should be loud, just don't roll up in the early hours and expect your neighbour's to still talk to you :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Toutsuite said:

Very nice! Are the pipes baffled? Cobra do a set of "quiet" baffles:

http://www.thehogfatheronline.com/baffle-quiet-core-24.html?fee=5&fep=321081&gclid=CjwKEAiAw4e1BRDfi7vghaWU9jESJACzo9jukczhAzhtSyiv7cEuxfX-E4cm2fRCfhcCY1pARENtpxoC1n3w_wcB

It'll still be loud, but somewhat more reasonable. 

To be honest I dont know if it has baffles in... I guess so as the guy fitted them new and I assume they come with baffles??

Today ordered a K&N air filter and bought a FI2000 off eBay for £85 so that should sort the pipes and air filter set up nicely.

• 1 month later...

about backrest for rider, is a must if you plan long journeys. I recommend you to change the standard seat with a mustang with backrest. on standard seat, after 200 miles, i`m broken. with the mustang seat, I come back from romania in 36 h, stop just for sleeping in germany  and for fueling, eatinng, hidratation, no problem at all. about aircooled, no worry, today air cooled engines are good. I ride a lot in slow moving traffic in romania, at 40C with no problem.something like 4000 miles in 3 weeks maybe 4. you will find your pipes annoying in long rides so I recommend you to keep the standard ones. well, this is just my opinion :). how much did you pay for it?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online