I could've been flattened !!

Harrywr65
This post is 2987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So here goes my rant,

on way home from work the other night, down a dual carriageway coming upto a roundabout. I'm in the inside lane, due to traffic we was rolling at about 20mph, I never filter over 15mph so I'm holding back going with the flow and bang, this twat in the right hand lane (on his phone) just pulls over to the left and comes straight across me. When I say his bumper must of been an inch or two away from my front wheel I'm not lying! I slammed my brakes on as I was going faster them him, he didn't even know. After a wee beep to make him aware I'm there he starts giving me the finger, and a from what I could see a mouthful! So, traffic comes to a stop, I roll up to his window expecting an apology and to be done with... Oh no, he try's to open his door with not much luck due to my leg pushing it closed, he try's to Ram the door open nearly knocking me off my bike whilst trying to push me through the open window.  In my opinion, at this point what I done was essential,  my right fist has swung over my shoulder and knocked him back in his seat. I then rode off. 

ALL BECAUSE HE WAS ON HIS BLOODY PHONE, AND DID NOT HAVE ANY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!! 

Goes to show how careful you really have to be! 

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its the most annoying offence. I dont think the deterrent is tough enough for offenders. Id like to see anyone caught given max points straight away. Any further offence and its licence gone for 6 months. Technology has/is providing too many distractions

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drewpy said:

its scary, wasn't Ronnie Pickering was it?

Who :(

Simple. £1000.00 fine and a years ban. No arguments.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, neversaydie said:

Its the most annoying offence. I dont think the deterrent is tough enough for offenders. Id like to see anyone caught given max points straight away. Any further offence and its licence gone for 6 months. Technology has/is providing too many distractions

I agree, I got slapped with 6 points because unfortunately my insurance policy didn't cover me to drive a mates car which I found out at the road side with the car written off due to, whom I believe to be a drunk driver, pulled out on me. I was fully insured and had a clean licence. I lost my job due to being in the motor trade and the traders wouldn't cover me with the points...Yet, some knob with a mobile gets a tiny fine when they're putting lives in danger. They really need to do something more about it! 

Well done for putting him in his place, you should have taken his wing mirror as a trophy tho, therefore i must deduct half a point from you. 9.5/10 for effort.

They are proper twats these phone users and im dreading the next wave of new cars to hit the roads with there new in car Wifi and head up displays etc etc thats now coming out. Soon they will all be monged out robots with next to fuck all common sense and the lack to see past their own snotter.

The great thing about encouraging others to tear off wingmirrors is that you don't get the Police Caution and/or day in court when the guy shows his dashcam to the Cops.

No Court in the land will admonish you for mal/misc (scotland) or crim damage just because you felt threatened, rather they would encourage you to have reported the other person. Whilst in Law you have a statutory right to self defence, kicking someones mirror off at the end of an argument will not form part of that right.

Anyway what if it was Ronnie Fucking Pickerings mirror....you're in big trouble there   ;)

5 hours ago, Noise said:

Well done for putting him in his place, you should have taken his wing mirror as a trophy tho, therefore i must deduct half a point from you. 9.5/10 for effort.

They are proper twats these phone users and im dreading the next wave of new cars to hit the roads with there new in car Wifi and head up displays etc etc thats now coming out. Soon they will all be monged out robots with next to fuck all common sense and the lack to see past their own snotter.

As much as I would've loved to kick his wingmirrow off and leave a rather big dent in his wing I don't want to get the old bill at my door!! 

Anyway, I'm happy with a 9.5/10 :D 

• Like 1

Yer i spose you are right, such a silly law, after nearly killing you i think ripping off a wing mirror is a small consolation prize and also a nice little reminder to not use a mobile when driving.

Do not tempt fate.

Problem happens when you do this and zip off, getting 100yds down the road when something else happens... which Sod's Law will ensure... so as you're now picking yourself up from being knocked off by anothe rmobile phone cunt, the mirrorless cunt has caught up and is now kicking your teeth out...

That, or the mirrorless cunt decides he now hates all bikers and deliberately swipes another poor 2-wheeler off along a quiet road where he can get away with it... That could easily be me.

Don't get me wrong - I'd have shot the guy in the face, if I could... but it's something to be aware of.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Do not tempt fate.

Problem happens when you do this and zip off, getting 100yds down the road when something else happens... which Sod's Law will ensure... so as you're now picking yourself up from being knocked off by anothe rmobile phone cunt, the mirrorless cunt has caught up and is now kicking your teeth out...

That, or the mirrorless cunt decides he now hates all bikers and deliberately swipes another poor 2-wheeler off along a quiet road where he can get away with it... That could easily be me.

Don't get me wrong - I'd have shot the guy in the face, if I could... but it's something to be aware of.

Or you attempt to kick off the wing mirror and it puts you off balance and you end up flat on your face right there.. or this happens.. which has already been posted - LINK

• Like 1

Good link Malleus. That it's a BMW driver did not escape my attention, either...!!

I like how it's followed with this one: http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/28/motorcyclist-head-butts-driver-after-he-tries-to-run-friend-off-the-road-5219379/

2 hours ago, Malleus said:

Or you attempt to kick off the wing mirror and it puts you off balance and you end up flat on your face right there.. or this happens.. which has already been posted - LINK

Yes, thinking back now the sensible thing todo is simply forget and carry on with my journey, but at the time my thoughts were very different! - I hope the bmwanker gets court. I must admit, I've had a few bumps when I had a hairdryer but luckily never hurt. I watch these videos and it looks like they just slide and get up but reading up on it they've always got fractured leg and shoulder, shows how careful you've got to be riding a motorbike with idiots on the road, not to mention how easy it is to get into a situation like that. 

I also find it very weird this guy has the same last name as me! Maybe it's a sign from above? Lol :D 

Maybe it's an age thing, or a job thing, but if I get cut up, or have a near miss or whatever, I put it behind me and concentrate on whats in front. So much easier / safer to focus on whats happening rather than dwell on what happened

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jimmy said:

Maybe it's an age thing, or a job thing, but if I get cut up, or have a near miss or whatever, I put it behind me and concentrate on whats in front. So much easier / safer to focus on whats happening rather than dwell on what happened

I swear.. a lot.. in the safety of my helmet. If I am really angry, I pull over.. 

14 hours ago, Harrywr65 said:

Yes, thinking back now the sensible thing todo is simply forget and carry on with my journey, but at the time my thoughts were very different! - I hope the bmwanker gets court. I must admit, I've had a few bumps when I had a hairdryer but luckily never hurt. I watch these videos and it looks like they just slide and get up but reading up on it they've always got fractured leg and shoulder, shows how careful you've got to be riding a motorbike with idiots on the road, not to mention how easy it is to get into a situation like that. 

I also find it very weird this guy has the same last name as me! Maybe it's a sign from above? Lol :D 

If you do want to confront people, I would ensure you have a camera, and when you do say something make sure you are polite and reasonable - absolutely infuriates people :lol: - if it gets heated don't drive off in front of them.

15 hours ago, jimmy said:

For me, it's the fact that the more we let things like this go unanswered, the more people will do it. I've had several altercations over people changing lanes into me, whose defence was basically - 'You're smaller than me, so you have to give way'.

NO I FUCKING DON'T!!!

Times like that, I wish I'd joined the Police or something, *just* so I can pull a Warrant card on them and cite them for the offense.

• Like 1

Tasky its not "your smaller than me". It happens to me in the truck. They dont accept that anybody would not allow them to do as they please.

Litterally an hour ago 2 shal we say non european men were in the outside lane alongside my trailer. There lane filters to mine with me having right of way.

Truck to my left so nowhere to go. Im expecting him to back off and filter. Nope accelerates for a gap that isnt there forcing me to hit the brakes HARD from the chaos behind there may have been a minor shunt afterwards.

Considering his response was middle finger salute held high from the drivers window im glad i wasnt on a bike.

12 hours ago, Malleus said:

I swear.. a lot.. in the safety of my helmet. If I am really angry, I pull over.. 

If you do want to confront people, I would ensure you have a camera, and when you do say something make sure you are polite and reasonable - absolutely infuriates people :lol: - if it gets heated don't drive off in front of them.

Yes, i have been looking into cameras as it seems to be around home/work area there seems to be more idiots then anywhere else!! 

So, what exactly can we do about mobile phone users? There must be something we could all do to start something going... What do you all think? 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online