Ok is it just me!!

slice
This post is 2974 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been trying to post to the site and read the posts for the last couple of days, I keep getting "ERROR CODE EX2" almost every time I do anything, is this happening to you? My profile -  crashes the page - Activity - crashes the page Unread post  - crashes the page. Seriously thinking it's time to move on. Sent details to "SUPPORT" and heard nothing back, this is since the last upgrade mind not the one before that changed everything! Going to miss you guys and girls but it's not worth  all this hassle anymore, take care and ride safe, catch you on the flip side.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep me too. 

Just a dice roll as to what i can get. Get the same Ex2 code.

Sad to say me too, getting fed up with all the changes with out any improvement I realize There is a lot goes on that needs fixing but the change always seem to give us less feature's and introduce more faults. There's been a lot less post lately, think a lot  of members moving on , but hey it was good while it lasted 

• Like 1

the database crashed so Alex had to upload it all, thats quite a lot of information.

I understand you fustratin, but wasn't planned.

to top it all off, there had to be a security upgrade the other day

• Like 1

I do understand that Drewpy and sympathise with the Support people but truth be told this is not the YOC that it used to be, nothing works. It might help if someone actually said what's going on !! Sorry mate this is a straw to much, going to us the FJR forum from now on, this site is to much trouble to bother with anymore. I might drop back in again some time but for now stay lucky.

• Like 1

• Admin

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates and in the inconvenience in the board being down. You're right in that it's the not the same anymore with the amount of updates etc.

No idea why, but the amount of hacking attempts to our server significantly increases every year. Unfortunately with this I personally become liable for the protection of all the data, even though it's all just mostly shite ;) I need to ensure that the site is fully secure, so our last big changes to the site were moving the site over to https.

The forum provider had released an update last week which caused an issue, as Drewpy mentioned the database is massive. The site has been around for over ten years and there has been over 40k members data we need to save.

They've released another security patch yesterday which was installed, I thought everything was working until I found out this morning it wasn't. I've let the tech guys know and they'll be looking into it.

@slice the support functionality is problematic, but that's not your fault. I think I'm actually going to remove it. The problem is I get hundreds a week from people on how to change their chain, line up their wheel, what tyre is best, how to trace a missing vin number etc. 

The big issue is that we have around ~250k visitors a month to this site who are reading posts, and so many members who view but don't post. Really need to try and get these people more engaged.

• Like 4

AWE slicey" dina leave,:o it will get better, ,   I was the same , I txt drewps,  on mob to get info,  I have noticed since the Format changed 6months ago, fewer Long time members  have been posting , weve lost a lot,  , I think not having Members online at the bottom of Page make it feel empty,  .your views  fellas,  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexasigno said:

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates and in the inconvenience in the board being down. You're right in that it's the not the same anymore with the amount of updates etc.

No idea why, but the amount of hacking attempts to our server significantly increases every year. Unfortunately with this I personally become liable for the protection of all the data, even though it's all just mostly shite ;) I need to ensure that the site is fully secure, so our last big changes to the site were moving the site over to https.

The forum provider had released an update last week which caused an issue, as Drewpy mentioned the database is massive. The site has been around for over ten years and there has been over 40k members data we need to save.

They've released another security patch yesterday which was installed, I thought everything was working until I found out this morning it wasn't. I've let the tech guys know and they'll be looking into it.

@slice the support functionality is problematic, but that's not your fault. I think I'm actually going to remove it. The problem is I get hundreds a week from people on how to change their chain, line up their wheel, what tyre is best, how to trace a missing vin number etc. 

The big issue is that we have around ~250k visitors a month to this site who are reading posts, and so many members who view but don't post. Really need to try and get these people more engaged.

The biggest problem was the generic error message, which looked like somebody hadn't paid the bill.

Then, on about Wednesday when the Forums came back there was no apology, or explanation - looked like nobody cared!

But If I can help, let me know.

Dave

1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

AWE slicey" dina leave,:o it will get better, ,   I was the same , I txt drewps,  on mob to get info,  I have noticed since the Format changed 6months ago, fewer Long time members  have been posting , weve lost a lot,  , I think not having Members online at the bottom of Page make it feel empty,  .your views  fellas,  

Have to agree john, I miss the old layout & the banter hopefully it will pick up as we all start to get out on our bikes again and have something to f#cken talk about other than gripe about the site

• Like 1

Hit it on the head there Tommy....Cabin Fever. Once the winter woolies (me included btw) get our bikes back on the road it should be better....And the upgrades? In my experience most folk moan about anything changing. We always hark back to how things were better....fek me I still go on about my auld 59 Speed Twin as a great bike when in reality, well.........

• Like 4

"Unfortunately with this I personally become liable for the protection of all the data, even though it's all just mostly shite"........ I didn't know anyone read my posts.

• Like 3

• Admin
20 hours ago, Bigwol said:

The biggest problem was the generic error message, which looked like somebody hadn't paid the bill.

Then, on about Wednesday when the Forums came back there was no apology, or explanation - looked like nobody cared!

But If I can help, let me know.

Dave

You're right my communication has been shockingly bad in hindsight. Any spare time I've had I've been working on the board trying to get it to work and communicating with the support team. A lot of the errors appear to be coming from the garage application, this has been disabled for now. There are still issues which are being looked in to. The issue which amplifies all this is that I'm now in Australia and the time differences with the support team and the board never line up :( 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DirtyDT said:

"Unfortunately with this I personally become liable for the protection of all the data, even though it's all just mostly shite"........ I didn't know anyone read my posts.

we don't...but even so, Alex feels he should guard them !

• Admin

So finally an update. After many server changes, reinstalls, PHP upgrades, it is 100% the garage module. It's been disabled which has fixed some of the issues. If I were to uninstall it completely everything apart from the garage would be working. Problem is I can't uninstall the module through the admin panel, even that gives me an error and it isn't possible to uninstall it manually. 

The developer has acknowledged the problem and says he's releasing an update very shortly, have asked for timeline but don't have one as yet.

Sorry for the frustration!

• Like 2

Old forum was much better, IMO.

This one just gives me a list of posts and things, rather than the new topics I was looking for. It's all a bit Facebookey for me.

The big problem for me with that section is that once you have looked at an item its gone.

If it was faded or some such like it used to when we had a 'new content' page but now when your brain has had a chew on the problem you cannot find it to post the answer unless you noted the section and the title.

Otherwise your stuffed. Makes answering problems tricky unless it comes instantly to mind. You end up thinking, "meh! when it comes up again", surely that is a bad design.

11 hours ago, alexasigno said:

What do you think is missing? Do you mean this? https://yamahaclub.com/forums/discover/unread/

Nothing missing, as such... I just prefer a list of topics, rather than scrolling through loads of posts trying to find either page 1 or wherever I left off.

It's like dumping the entire contents of your Halfords Ultimate 600pc Socket Set all over the floor, just to find the 10mm long socket.

• Like 1

• Admin

I'll take a look and see if there are any options, on a positive note the forum should now be error free apart from the garage is down until that's properly patched.