Security - must have for the money!!

Harrywr65
This post is 3029 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys, 

just picked up a wicked little thing! 

its an Oxford disc brake lock/alarm, payed roughly £35.  Very loud at 100db, very good quality for money too! It's very sensitive as well, I put my key in the ignition and it goes off, Thought I'd post it up for anyone who's looking for a cheap little deterrent!!  

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/motorcycling/motorcycle-security/oxford-screamer-alarm-disc-lock

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have one. Pain in the bum when the batteries are dying and you're nowhere near home. It beeps constantly. [or have no tiny allen key to remove the batteries]

I ended up just treating it as a normal disc lock, and ignore the screamer part - too sensitive at times, anyway

• Like 1

On 28 December 2015 at 8:57 PM, Airhead said:

Sounds good Harry...Pun intended

Everything helps, especially parking in safe places

Yes, I must admit my bikes parked in the driveway every night as its a pain getting it in the back every night/morning. Even so it's changed up to a decent ground anchor and the disc brake lock/alarm. 

Been looking about to get an alarm fitted but haven't had much joy round my area. 

Luckily enough it's blocked in by a fleet of bloody vans and cars in my driveway so it's not too bad! 

On 28 December 2015 at 11:31 PM, captf said:

I have one. Pain in the bum when the batteries are dying and you're nowhere near home. It beeps constantly. [or have no tiny allen key to remove the batteries]

I ended up just treating it as a normal disc lock, and ignore the screamer part - too sensitive at times, anyway

I agree, now having used it for a few days it has gone off twice with the wind and woken the whole road up! 

I'm on extra alert at too (pool cue at hand) as 3 bikes got stolen a few nights ago in my area, took a sledge hammer to a wall and pushed them out. Bloody bastards ! 

There was a report on HFM just before Xmas from the police warning owners in the Harborough area that there had been a few thefts of bikes, mainly ones that had been left out the front in the Northampton road area.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online