Merry Christmas to me

Malleus
This post is 3036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So thought I would pop out for a nice ride this afternoon. Nice to get out on Christmas day when the roads are fairly empty and thought the weather is not gonna be great for next 2 months. Not entirely sure what happened beyond I lost traction whilst accelerating. This the result ;

20151225_142437.jpg
20151225_142444.jpg
20151225_142451.jpg
20151225_142453.jpg
Past me - 'Do I want to pay £100 + for engine protectors? Nah' 20151225_142502.jpg
20151225_145911.jpg

So looks like I wont be riding for a while. Think my pride is hurt worse than I am though so I guess that is good.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh mate I feel for you. Funnily enough my 1st off was on Christmas day. Unfortunately it's virtually inevitable at some point, the good thing is you're OK, and your bike can be fixed. 

• Like 1

Don't worry fella, happens to the best of us.

A bitch that the tank got hit - get scouring ebay for a replacement - the rest is all fowlers stuff or aftermarket upgrade.

It's Christmas night: get the painkiller in a bottle out and forget about it for the time being - you'll only wind yourself up otherwise (been there....).

• Like 1

I was pretty annoyed but on reflection it is not so bad, only thing that is costly is the tank! but all I actually need is a peg to get back on the road. (Indicator even still works) I have no real idea how I hit the tank, the dent is almost on the top. All damage is mostly on left side, but for some reason right side mirror got smashed and left is fine. This is the second time I have come off. Last time I fell on my right side and broke my arm, this time left side and no broken bones. So hopefully now both sides are done I can have a break.

Still have painkillers from last time, only bothered to take 2 previously!

tis a pain, but at least you live to fight another day.

the tank dent may be able to be pulled out by those dent peeps that advertise

• Like 1

Well, I think overall I prefered lowside to highside. Looked at where the bike went down and where I landed and it was quite a distance! Feel like I've been kicked by a horse. Also spoke to a guy who came out to see if I was (his car was) alright :lol: and he seems to think that there was probably oil in the road as someone is always working on cars in the road where I lost traction and was doing something there on the 24th. Don't think this makes a difference though ? (in terms of insurance etc)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online