09 xt125x headlight problem

leightonbike121
This post is 1479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,high & low beam isnt working on my 09 xt125x,everything else seems ok,including the side light & tail light.i suspect that it may be down to a 5 pin relay located behind the right hand sidepanel,next to the cdi.does anyone know if it could be this relay at fault? (and would it only affect hi/lo beam.) thanks in advance for any advice that is offered.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

K.I.S.S. have you checked the bulb? ;)

Heard that all too often.

Squirt some contact cleaner in all the switches and check your fuses.

Doubt its the relay. Could be but in my exp when a relay fails it just stays in one state, ie main or dip beam.

Checked the headlight earth?

hmm,will re-check the connections but im fairly confident that they are all good,the switchgear is spotless & had a squirt of wd40.it only has one fuse,(i believe) & thats located on the starter solenoid & if that blows nothing will work so i thought id narrowed it down to a relay,or,as you suggested,the earth....which seems more likely,the more i think about it.i think i got to nip out into my workshop & check that right now as the curiosity is getting to me, lol.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...