Bloody rip off...

Harrywr65
This post is 3023 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This will make you lot laugh, picked up my bike earlier from Yamaha from its first 600 mile service. 

So, I set off on my way to realise they've messed about with my clutch, ( I know they've got to tighten it up but if felt horrible!!). Once I got home I had a look at the invoice, they've charged nearly £15 in SUNDRIES, and £5 for 'environmental disposal' - being in the motor trade I know that 'sundries' is not £15 !! Nor getting rid of the old filter and oil is a fiver worth! 

Never going back, servicing it myself from now on... Rip off! 

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thats why we all do it ourselves. If you want to keep the service book up to date, just fill it in yourself

Same here, stealer service isn't worth it.

Defiantly from now on! So, on a service you would assume they'd check your brake fluid etc, well they didn't. How I know this is because the reservoir was leaking when I first picked up the bike and was the fluid was very low... 

Not very good ! 

Moan over !! :D

You learn fast when it costs money , and none of those work experience lads down at the dealers will care about your bike the way you do . "Sundries" , Pffft! , must've bought fags and a sandwich while working on your bike , or is that when they leave your bike out in the rain , and then the SunDries it off again ??

• Like 1

Personally I use genuine items but others swear that after market stuff is just as good, never use cheap oil that is a false economy.

Common sence for that question. Filters and such get changed often so not that big an issue. 

You have to balance any saving (gen stuff is often not much dearer than pattern). Against it failing.

dealers only ever catch you once with that crap. i do my own servicing just.. filter wise i use pattern as i like to change them every time i do the oil

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online