No furking diy today

meatloaf
This post is 3010 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not been on the bike for a couple of weeks due to work, the crap weather and trying to rebuild my shower room but today I  threw down my tools and said fuck the diy I feel a ride coming on. I'm ashamed to say that my pride and joy was absolutely coved in dust. 

It was a little cold but the sun was shining and the sky was blue and I felt alive for the first time in days. Went to one of my favourite haunt's and after a bite to eat spent ages chinwaging with another biker, bloody marvellous must do it again soon.

• Like 6

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Must have been nice to get out and about for a while, i am without a bike currently. :(

Project TURD is still out in California, some jobsworth fun haters have got involved and stopped it coming back to our shores, Project FUCR is in the garage way way way away from ever being finished, Both FJs have been sold, haven't seen the XJ turbo for a couple of years now although i did drag the DT out of the shed last weekend which made me smile... it's gonna look amazeballs when its sitting in my front room! (watch this space June 2017)

So yeah, the only bike i've got to play with is one with f*cking pedals on... and that's no fun, im going to have to start wearing budgie smugglers and riding in the middle of the road :/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9 December 2015 at 11:52 PM, meatloaf said:

Not been on the bike for a couple of weeks due to work, the crap weather and trying to rebuild my shower room but today I  threw down my tools and said fuck the diy I feel a ride coming on. I'm ashamed to say that my pride and joy was absolutely coved in dust. 

It was a little cold but the sun was shining and the sky was blue and I felt alive for the first time in days. Went to one of my favourite haunt's and after a bite to eat spent ages chinwaging with another biker, bloody marvellous must do it again soon.

Where did you go meatloaf? - I'm from Addlestone way so only down the road from your area and don't know many good places to go for a ride! 

5 hours ago, Harrywr65 said:

Where did you go meatloaf? - I'm from Addlestone way so only down the road from your area and don't know many good places to go for a ride! 

Newlands corner Harry, usually get some real freindly bikers there, even some of the Harley riders speak to us mere mortals :D

2 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Newlands corner Harry, usually get some real freindly bikers there, even some of the Harley riders speak to us mere mortals :D

Oh right, yeah been there before a few times with a mate for a cupper! 

May take a ride there Sunday morn for a cupper and some food! 

Christ Meat do folks still go there? I used to go there when I was a kid, that would be 1967/8, I bet they still have the SAME bacon fat to cook in !!! barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

4 hours ago, slice said:

Christ Meat do folks still go there? I used to go there when I was a kid, that would be 1967/8, I bet they still have the SAME bacon fat to cook in !!! barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

I take it I shouldn't go for the bacon butty then slice? :D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slice said:

Loads of people go there slice, the food aint bad these days but other than that it much the same as when I was a kid. That is gonna change though as the council wants to fuck it up by "making improvements"  the only plus side I can see is that cage drivers are gonna be charged for parking.

3 hours ago, Harrywr65 said:

I take it I shouldn't go for the bacon butty then slice? :D 

Go for it, I have a bacon butty or cheeseburger and chips ever time I go there, can't beat some good healthy eating.:)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Loads of people go there slice, the food aint bad these days but other than that it much the same as when I was a kid. That is gonna change though as the council wants to fuck it up by "making improvements"  the only plus side I can see is that cage drivers are gonna be charged for parking.

Go for it, I have a bacon butty or cheeseburger and chips ever time I go there, can't beat some good healthy eating.:)

Nothing like a greasy burger with a cupper !  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online