DT175 not starting

mcferreira100
This post is 3038 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is the first DT I restored. My son been using it until the other day when he said it started making a noise and died. Now won`t start..checked to find there is no spark after trying 2 different plugs. Have not stripped yet but what can I expect to find?..woodruff key sheared..coil suspect...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Happened to me this year, on an LC350,  the rotor came loose, ,[ rumble ] ..  luckily the key was whole.

P1030037_zpslguoygbh.jpg

Rex " I see you do the stator/ soarse coil ,ignition set-up for the DT250/400 , I will be online for one in the new year , 

Edited by blackhat250

Blackhat I need that rev counter on that LC...was just outbid in the last minute on ebay for one.

• Like 1

You tried getting a DT rotor off, they don't do loose.

Check the wiring, the cdi/mag source coil wiring runs past the exhaust at the back of the tank, exhaust side and can catch if its moved and earth out the coil wiring on the pipe.

I found this out AFTER pushing it home..<_<

Edited by Cynic

Yeh 2  same here ,  My old H2  conked one day ,  no spark ,  I thought the CDI was jiggert,  turned out it was cable [ iGNITION]  had chaffed against headlight bowl.  and earthed out , :eusa_doh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online