Engine management light help?

Harrywr65
This post is 3059 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yeah as above, bit of T-CUT and a soft cloth should come off easy.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As regards the servicing to maintain your warranty. Car are covered under block exemption rules brought in by the EU. Means the car can be serviced by a vat registered workshop to manufactures schedule. Motorcycle were not included in the block exemption rules for reasons better know to the EU. I know this from bitter experience trying to make a warranty claim for my granddaughters scooter that had its first service carried out by the dealer and the next two by the workshop I've used for years. Took 4 months of phone calls and emails until the dealer agreed to do the work as a "gesture of goodwill". Cheers

Edited by muddyfox
spelling correction
  • Like 1

It's all a calculated risk and you see it across multiple car/motorcycle/electrical gadget forums. The stealers charge a premium for servicing, knowing that lots of folk are worried that they will lose the warranty or second hand value.

I service my bikes myself - even from new and just serviced my car @1 year old.

Vehicle reliability (and in most cases most machines and electrical stuff) follows a bathtub curve. There is a probability of failure in the early life/stages of use as manufacturing defects that interfer with short term performance and reliability come to light (say it throws a rod due to the friday effect); a middle phase where failures are few and the longer part of the lifecycle when wear-and-tear and 106+ failure modes dominate (e.g. piston rings worn out or ecu burnout):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve

I take the view that if the vehicle gets through 1 year of use without the initial failure modes afflicting it, then it is likely it will go to the far end of the bathtub and have a good service inbetween. I'd also rather buy a used vehicle that was well serviced by a competent owner than bodged by the idiots at the local franchised house-of-horrors. British customers have had a massive hoax played on them by main-dealers and manufacturers that simply hasn't happened elsewhere in Europe.

16 hours ago, Airhead said:

Cant you T-Cut this boot mark out Harry? sounds to me like you could

Ive tried all types of t-cut, the special white t-cut and normal. 

I've got most off just a tiny bit left! I think I'm also being over fussy! 

14 hours ago, pilninggas said:

It's all a calculated risk and you see it across multiple car/motorcycle/electrical gadget forums. The stealers charge a premium for servicing, knowing that lots of folk are worried that they will lose the warranty or second hand value.

I service my bikes myself - even from new and just serviced my car @1 year old.

Vehicle reliability (and in most cases most machines and electrical stuff) follows a bathtub curve. There is a probability of failure in the early life/stages of use as manufacturing defects that interfer with short term performance and reliability come to light (say it throws a rod due to the friday effect); a middle phase where failures are few and the longer part of the lifecycle when wear-and-tear and 106+ failure modes dominate (e.g. piston rings worn out or ecu burnout):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve

I take the view that if the vehicle gets through 1 year of use without the initial failure modes afflicting it, then it is likely it will go to the far end of the bathtub and have a good service inbetween. I'd also rather buy a used vehicle that was well serviced by a competent owner than bodged by the idiots at the local franchised house-of-horrors. British customers have had a massive hoax played on them by main-dealers and manufacturers that simply hasn't happened elsewhere in Europe.

I completely agree, it's like all mechanics have to have 'snap on' or, strap on as I like to call it. I paid £120 for a 3/8 ratchet and went to halfords and got a 200pc set for £125 with most bits! 

I've made up my mind and I'm going to service it! Why pay through the nose when I can do it myself easily! 

Thanks for all the help! 

• Like 3