New addition to the collection

mcferreira100
This post is 3061 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Needed a long range bike for awhile now. Never liked the Yamaha large 4T bikes, always preferred the Honda. Considered the CB750F or CB900F series but then this came up less than a mile from my house..so took the plunge. 1982 CBX1000 Prolink. Another icon from the late seventies and early eighties. Not as desirable as the earlier 79 model yet but think will get there as it has some rather big improvements. 

Don`t like the custom sprayjob..wud like to get it back to original silver/grey colour. Never seen one with gold rims. It has had a wider rim conversion to take a 160 tyre (which I think suits it). And has a beautiful sounding 6 into 6 exhaust. Only issue..2 of the carbs pilot jets blocked as it stood 14months..so having to ride on the choke at low speeds and wont idle.

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Few more pics and a video so you can hear it..neighbours are gonna love me on early Sunday mornings.

• Like 2

those exhausts a really expensive, looks the dogs though.

never forgot one racing the thundersprint, it was a french guy

• Like 1

Really nice sound Mc, I actually like the colour scheme tho seems the guy you got it from had some good ideas.

• Like 1

Not sure on the colour scheme I quite like the original retro Honda paint Job my Old CB 750 F2 was in that Burgundy type colour,glad to see its got those engines crash bars, remember the local Honda dealer back in the day servicing a CBX under warranty  and it fell and caused a lot of damage not good lol.

Really nice sound Mc, I actually like the colour scheme tho seems the guy you got it from had some good ideas.

+ 1

Malleus "   just for you ,,one of my favourite vids,,,,check out the Benelli Sei ,,too . 

• Like 4

Ohhhh Mc's neighbours are just going to LOVE him at 7o/clock in the morning :lol:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online