Just Suppose....

YamaHead
This post is 6233 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

...for a second that (if aren't already lucky enough to own your Dream Yamaha).....you could, if money, dosh, coin, cash or whatever it's referred to in your corner of the planet, was not an object.....

So What would be your Dream Yamaha to own if you could? :unsure: .....

Without a doubt.....this would be my 1st choice :wub: .....

Rainey_Replica.jpg

A Sweet, Rainey replica polished Spondon-framed RD500 V4 B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well Scott I will not argue with your choice for a stroker there

Personally I would like a Kenny Roberts Works 700 from the 70,s

Martin Bells RD700 looks good too

RD700%207.jpg

Well Scott I will not argue with your choice for a stroker there

Personally I would like a Kenny Roberts Works 700 from the 70,s

Martin Bells RD700 looks good too

RD700%207.jpg

Great minds think alike Merv ;)

That bike ran a very close 2nd on my list of choices B)

Guest Tomg

would either have to be

Yamaha_YZF-R1SP_stpz.jpg

Yamaha r1 sp (2006)

or a

250yam5.jpg

Yamaha rd350 lc

both super class bikes each with their own special "This is me" about it, and loads of room for further individual customisation!

:D:D:D

An interesting question there Scott!

For me it would be a TZ250 or 350, circa 1970's. The white ones with the red stripes. I think there was a picture on here a while back, but you know the bike I mean anyway ;)

Andy

An interesting question there Scott!

For me it would be a TZ250 or 350, circa 1970's. The white ones with the red stripes. I think there was a picture on here a while back, but you know the bike I mean anyway ;)

Oh Yeah my friend......the one's that the Daytona was patterned after :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

After some thought, I came to the following idea:

Take one RD350LD PVS engine and add two cylinders driven off the main crank. The two new cylinders pump fuel/air mixture in perfect synchronicity with the original pistons and so act as a powerhouse supercharger. The powerband would be similar to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and the noise would be pretty damn impressive. Now, what sort of chassis to put it in?

Note: The author of this article wishes to styate that anyone daft enough to try out the ideass contained therein do so at their own risk. I don't have enough loot to be worth sueing if you get hurt trying, so there.

• Admin

Well im surpised it hasnt been said already... mine would have to be the ultimate R7!

r7.jpg

I think I must be lucky. I already own a dream set of Yamahas:

RD350LC-the ultimate round town bike.

XT500-the perfect dual purpose bike.

SR500-best looking bike of all time

XJ900-a wonderfully practical balance of all things good in motorcycling.

If I had more money and a bigger shed (and more time to ride) I'd add a V-Max-the silliest bike ever-and maybe buy back my old FJ1200, but then, what would I do with the Goldwing?!

Dream Yam?

Well, from its spec, the new Fazer thou looks like mega bang for mini bucks - all those horses for what is really small change in big bike cost terms. Bargain or what? The old TRX is getting a little ratty, so I may chnage next winter to something a lttle more "Suit You, Sir". Can anyone give a write up of the Fazer thou from an owners viewpoint? - The biking colour comics are about as informative as (spit) "Top Gear".

(Note to non-UK inhabitants: "Top Gear" is a UK TV programme allegedly about everyday motoring. It normally does not review any car unless it costs more than, say, a house. The main presenter hates motorbikes. He owns a new Ford GT40 that keeps breaking down. Thank you, God.)

• 10 months later...

If Big Ross is the same person as stwrss in my Yahoo group, YamahaSR500CafeRacers, then he knows what my dream Yamaha is starting to look like. Obviously, an SR500 but, with a few upgrades. A TT frame with a single shock rear and 41mm Suzuki GSX750F forks, 17" GS500E wheels, solo seat, clip ons, ported, 540cc engine with a Carrillo rod and dual oil lines, box section swingarm, and about 300-310 lb (137-141kg). Steering angle is 25 degrees and wheelbase is 2" (51mm) longer than stock. If anyone wants to see pics of the bike or many other cool looking SR500's, click on the link below and join to see the pics.

Ken

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/YamahaSR500CafeRacers/

I surprised it hasne been said yet.................

.........Mine would have to be Rossi's Yamaha M1, would love to know what that goes like......... for the last 10 mins of my life....... lol.....

2nd would have to be my r1...... :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online