YBR Custom 125 brake fluid?

Variomatic
This post is 3072 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, my front brake is sized on, it seems to be stuck about 25-30% on, I got it running after a while out of the game due to MOT and money problems and went to the shop the get fuel, the fuel had been sitting in the bike for close to 2 months so it needed some new stuff before the 10 mile trip I had to make. But the bike wouldn't move properly, I got to the fuel station, put it on the centre stand and checked, the front brake was stuck on a little bit, and the brake disk was so hot that when I put a few drops of water onto it they boiled before I could withdraw my hand.

So, half way through the calliper rebuild I find myself with no idea which brake fluid the bike needs, and realising I know nothing about brake fluids. Can anyone provide some general info about brake fluids, what the different DOT's mean, what the colour means, about mixing different types and different synthetics or non synthetics. The stuff that was in there was a nice Yellow colour, making me think it was DOT3.

I have some DOT4 semi-synthetic. Will that work ok?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yup DOT 4 will be fine bud