YN50 no power/ignition barrel broken

Matthew Duncan
This post is 3065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Long time no see! will be posting a few bits and bobs soon as im about to be putting my FZ6S S2 up for sale .... sad times!

Recently just bought a 2002 Yamaha YN50 scooter for a mopen mayem race coming up - It currenly has a 70cc big bore kit, "race" exhaust, upgraded carb/air filter and apparently tuned reed valve..... nae idea about that cos i know nothing about 2 stroke smokers.

Having a right problem getting the thing going. hooked up the battery for my fazer to it but scooter has no power whats so ever, or theres a problem with the wiring.

Put a multi meter across the wires at the block, red, black, black and white, and brown and none of them seem to be getting any power atall. First thing i checken was the fuse and it seems fine.

When i put the key in there seems to be alot of free play before it "Clicks". could it be that the barrel is goosed?

Cheers

Matt

Edited by Matthew Duncan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just actually noticed that the seat catch is operated by the key at the main ignition Aswell, but the key doesn't turn round far enough to unlatch it. How do I get it going without buying a new key/ignition? 

• 2 weeks later...

just an update if anyone reading, lubed the hell out of the switch and the key is turning nicely, clicking at each stop. must have just been completely junked up. in other news the starter seems to be goosed but new one ordered for a meer fiver off of ebay.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online