1975 Ag175 Billows White Smoke When Hot

Agness175
This post is 3044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there folks,

Fairly recently, I purchased a 1975 Ag175 (If I can work out how to add a picture, I will). It's in good condition with, seemingly, about 5,000kms under its belt. I gave things a reasonable clean up (carb, points, oil) and got her going and running OK. Lacks power, but smooth enough. Upon getting hot, she blows a large amount of white smelly smoke. Assuming this was gearbox oil coming through the crank seals, I changed out both and the thin o-ring on the right hand side. I also cleaned out the exhaust pipe, although this was pretty clear. Finally, I also pulled off the head and barrel. I didn't measure anything up, but it looked pretty good, with some hone marks still visible on the bore. The only odd thing noted was some oil around one or two of the studs - trapped in the hole where these go through the barrel.
Anyway, it still blows a lot of white smoke - just as much, in fact. I assume this could be coming from where the crankcase splits? Any other thoughts?

Thanks for any help / advice you can give.
Cheers,
Kelvin
(In Oz)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online