Modifying stock XVS 1100 Dragstar exhausts

ba249k
This post is 2828 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a set of standard V-star / Dragstar 1100 rear pipes.
I Have already chopped the ends off, to open them up and they sound OK with a deep rumble but not too loud.
Looking into the cans there is a second baffle plate with four holes in it with a couple of small pipes attached.
Could anyone tell me what is behind that ?
If I shine a light into either end of the exhaust I can not see any shinning through? confused.gif
I was thinking of opening up the can and then baffling it back to the 1 3/4 x 9 1/2 inch pipe suggested on the V-star Wikki page.
And then slash cutting them.
Has anyone had any dealings with modifying stock pipes?
Any info would be most useful.
I am also planning to Pod the intake and re-jet at the same time.
Cheers

Baz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is what's in the stock pipes. 

Unless your good with a welder it's quite hard to gut themfully. Best to save up n get a set of vance and hinds. 

• 8 months later...
On 11/7/2015 at 4:49 PM, Noise said:

This is what's in the stock pipes. 

Screenshot_2015-11-07-16-46-48_zpsxsu35z

Unless your good with a welder it's quite hard to gut themfully. Best to save up n get a set of vance and hinds. 

I agree, i've been down that road and to be honest they sounded a bit "wet farty" when I throttled off, so bought some Vance and Hines.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online