Carb up sizing

Chalkey46
This post is 3085 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Basically I'm going from a 28mm carb to a 32mm carb curently I'm running a 240 main jet in the 28mm am looking for a setup base for the 32mm am I looking at starting on a higher or lower jet than a 240 any help would be much appreciated cheers rick  

Edited by Chalkey46
Edit

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whats on the engine atm exhaust wise, etc.

I would suggest using your current needle and maybe a 250 to start with, the extra 4mm will only show at full chat. The rest of the time you will still be at a partial figure same as you are now.

Don't forget you will be increasing the air speed of the charge so costing some torque. Have you worked on the reed block etc to take advantage of the extra air?

If it makes any odds I don't think it will make a great deal of difference, my TDR250 goes well enough on 28mm and tuned ones have to be taken a long way before its restrictive.

Separate thought, you can get remapped cdi's for tdr250's and I would imagine you could for yours that open the pv later and faster, worth 6hp on a tdr. Apparently makes them more 'aggressive' in the way they make power.

It's got a hand made custom stainless exhaust plus the 170 kit plus a piper panel filter I've also got 2 5mm reed block spacers to play about with the intake tract ect and boysen dual stage reeds and custom alloy inlet, I've got jets from 210 to 270 so think I will start with a 250 and work from there and just keep playing till I get it right 

Sounds like a plan, just remember that at anything other than wide throttle openings the extra wont have any real effect.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online