I've pass my bike test!!

JohnR6
This post is 6532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello people,

The last time I was on here, I'd just passed my Bike Theory Test and that was nearly 2 years ago.

Anyway, when I passed my Theory, I kept saying to myself, I got 2 years to do my CBT and DAS and time just flew past and the next thing I knew, I've only got 2-3 months before my Theory runs out again! I did my CBT about 3-4 weeks ago and then did my DAS Saturday to Tuesday this week and passed the test on Wednesday! The feeling is unbelievable, I'm still BUZZIN'! :D

I came through the test with 6 minors which isn't too bad, I stalled twice (was a bit nervous at first). I thought I cocked it up at one point when I was doing the walking with the bike cos I was so nervous that I didn't cover the front brake while pushing it, but I realised just before I was turning and quickly covered it! FEEEEWWW!!!! The examiner either didn't see it or just let me off. :)

I had no problem with the U-turn, I thought it was easy. I just give it a bit of revs when moving off and just let the momentum take me round.

With the emergency stop, my instructor said to go round at about 18-20mph and stop using only the front break and cover the back, that way, the back wheel will not lock and get you through the test. He said in a real emergency stop situation, everything will go down the pan and you'll probably end up on the flour!!

During my DAS course, at first, I was really crap with my clutch control and turning into tight corners at low speed (I got proper boll*cked from my instructor and so we did some slow manouvers in an empty car park which totally cured my problem). I kept thinking I was gunna stall and the bike was gunna fall over. But if you find the biting point and just feather the clutch and look where you want to go, you can't go wrong.

Had a great great 4 days on DAS and now that I'm back in work, I missing biking quite abit! Everyday, I was getting up at 7am, get some McD's Breakfast and going to my bike school to ride from 9am-3pm, it was great! :-) Before my test and durring the first 5 minute of it, I was Sh!tting my pants but then I settled down. When we got back to the test centre and the examiner asked me some pillion questions and then he said "well I'm pleased to tell you that you've passed your test!". I was so happy and when I was riding back I was actually riding alot better with alot more confidence. The feeling is amazing and I will never forget it! :-)

Anyway, I'm on my quest to look for my bike now and I'm looking to get a 2005 R6 soon, been looking at the new Gixxer 600 K6 aswell but it a bit too expensive though. I'm a yamaha kid at heart so will probably go for the 05 R6. The 05 R6 is cheap aswell as the 06 R6 is now out, but I just love the look of the 05 shape with the 70 profile tyre at the front and with the USD forks.

The only thing that's holding me back in getting my bike now is that at the moment I'm renting a flat and theirs no garage where I live, just a secured car park with locked gates. I'm really scared incase some idiot will TWOC my new baby once I get it. I'm gunna get it Alarmed/Immobilised, Datataged, two chains to a lamp post and a cover for it but you never know with the crooks. I've bought a new house with the Mrs and will be moving in on the 23rd July, and that has a garage. I'm thinking of whether to get a bike now and just hope for the best for 2-3 months at my current rented flat or just wait til' I move?? The Sun is out now and I just want to go riding, I don't want to leave a big gap before I jump back onto the bike again?!?

Any suggestions?

John.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello people,

The last time I was on here, I'd just passed my Bike Theory Test and that was nearly 2 years ago.

Anyway, when I passed my Theory, I kept saying to myself, I got 2 years to do my CBT and DAS and time just flew past and the next thing I knew, I've only got 2-3 months before my Theory runs out again! I did my CBT about 3-4 weeks ago and then did my DAS Saturday to Tuesday this week and passed the test on Wednesday! The feeling is unbelievable, I'm still BUZZIN'! :D

I came through the test with 6 minors which isn't too bad, I stalled twice (was a bit nervous at first). I thought I cocked it up at one point when I was doing the walking with the bike cos I was so nervous that I didn't cover the front brake while pushing it, but I realised just before I was turning and quickly covered it! FEEEEWWW!!!! The examiner either didn't see it or just let me off. :)

I had no problem with the U-turn, I thought it was easy. I just give it a bit of revs when moving off and just let the momentum take me round.

With the emergency stop, my instructor said to go round at about 18-20mph and stop using only the front break and cover the back, that way, the back wheel will not lock and get you through the test. He said in a real emergency stop situation, everything will go down the pan and you'll probably end up on the flour!!

During my DAS course, at first, I was really crap with my clutch control and turning into tight corners at low speed (I got proper boll*cked from my instructor and so we did some slow manouvers in an empty car park which totally cured my problem). I kept thinking I was gunna stall and the bike was gunna fall over. But if you find the biting point and just feather the clutch and look where you want to go, you can't go wrong.

Had a great great 4 days on DAS and now that I'm back in work, I missing biking quite abit! Everyday, I was getting up at 7am, get some McD's Breakfast and going to my bike school to ride from 9am-3pm, it was great! :-) Before my test and durring the first 5 minute of it, I was Sh!tting my pants but then I settled down. When we got back to the test centre and the examiner asked me some pillion questions and then he said "well I'm pleased to tell you that you've passed your test!". I was so happy and when I was riding back I was actually riding alot better with alot more confidence. The feeling is amazing and I will never forget it! :-)

Anyway, I'm on my quest to look for my bike now and I'm looking to get a 2005 R6 soon, been looking at the new Gixxer 600 K6 aswell but it a bit too expensive though. I'm a yamaha kid at heart so will probably go for the 05 R6. The 05 R6 is cheap aswell as the 06 R6 is now out, but I just love the look of the 05 shape with the 70 profile tyre at the front and with the USD forks.

The only thing that's holding me back in getting my bike now is that at the moment I'm renting a flat and theirs no garage where I live, just a secured car park with locked gates. I'm really scared incase some idiot will TWOC my new baby once I get it. I'm gunna get it Alarmed/Immobilised, Datataged, two chains to a lamp post and a cover for it but you never know with the crooks. I've bought a new house with the Mrs and will be moving in on the 23rd July, and that has a garage. I'm thinking of whether to get a bike now and just hope for the best for 2-3 months at my current rented flat or just wait til' I move?? The Sun is out now and I just want to go riding, I don't want to leave a big gap before I jump back onto the bike again?!?

Any suggestions?

John.

Firstly a big well done john on the pass :D i still remember mine and that was 14mnths ago :blink: with ref the bike delema i wouldnt risk it myself as the insurance would be bad enough as it is and if you was unlucky and it was stolen the next years prenium would be mad :o Dont you have any mates you could store the bike in there garage while your not out playing? Parents are pretty good for this aswell :P

Anyway well done m8 and welcome to a life of biking B)

Nice, well done.

It's always a worry having a bike where people can see it. Twoc'ing is all good and well for the louts but they don't appreciate the long term saving or bank loan that usually goes with owning.

try to hold of for a while and then you'll sleep better too.

Cheers guys!

Guess where I'm off to this morning.......Yamaha dealer!!! I just can't resist. I called them up yesterday about the 2005 R6 and they have only one left in Blue, which is what I want. So I'm going down there to check it out. Me and the Mrs went through my budget last night, and all is well but it's just having to leave it in the car park over night. I don't think it'll be a problem really, cos this other guy leave his 2002 R6 in the car park and this woman chains her scooter to the bike shed. I think if I get an Alarm/Immobiliser, Datatag, Chain and Cover. It should be OK. Lets face it, if some b&stard wants to nick it, even if it was garaged, it'll still be nick.

I'm only at the flat for anothe 2-3 months so I think it's worth it! :P Hehehe......

Anyway, I will update you later on how I get on at Yamaha. :D

Cheers guys!

Guess where I'm off to this morning.......Yamaha dealer!!! I just can't resist. I called them up yesterday about the 2005 R6 and they have only one left in Blue, which is what I want. So I'm going down there to check it out. Me and the Mrs went through my budget last night, and all is well but it's just having to leave it in the car park over night. I don't think it'll be a problem really, cos this other guy leave his 2002 R6 in the car park and this woman chains her scooter to the bike shed. I think if I get an Alarm/Immobiliser, Datatag, Chain and Cover. It should be OK. Lets face it, if some b&stard wants to nick it, even if it was garaged, it'll still be nick.

I'm only at the flat for anothe 2-3 months so I think it's worth it! :P Hehehe......

Anyway, I will update you later on how I get on at Yamaha. :D

Guess what........I just bought an 2005 R6 from the Yamaha dealer! I'm so happy and excited man. Gunna pick it up on Thursday, just been on the phone to Bennetts and sorted the insurance out. It's all good.

The guy at Yamaha threw in a Sold Secure Chain with the deal and he's gunna fit some Datatags on the bike for me. The Bike already comes with the Yamaha YISS CAT2 Immobiliser so that's OK, but I might just go to a bike shop and see about fitting an alarm just for piece of mind.

I'm all ready to go now, just waiting for Thursday to come round now.

:D

Well, first of congratulations on passing :D I'm not sure I would want to go through the test system as it is now, the chances are I would fail!

Good luck with the R6, both in riding and security.

And be careful, there's a lot of idiots out there, on two wheels as well as four!

Andy

nice one John, hope it doesnt mean its gonna be another 2 years before you post again :blink:

Cheers guys.

I'm gunna collect my bike tomorrow afternoon and I just can't wait. :D The weather is looking good and it's just perfect. The first thing I'm gunna do is put a few stickers on just to customise my bike and then take a ride around before going home. :)

I'm not gunna be stupid on my bike, I'm gunna treating it like a lady and I'm just gunna enjoy the ride every time I go on it and keep everything as legal as possible. :) I'm gunna be doing my Advance too, just to get more knowledge and be more safer. I'll be riding with a little moto of mine, "Ride it smooth and ride it safe". The only thing I'm a bit scared of is "Tankslappers", I really hope I won't experience one. If I ride the bike as smooth as possible, no harsh braking or accelarating, I think I should be OK.

So do any of you guys have any tips for a new bike rookie like me?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online