Time to bite the bullet

Grouch
This post is 3065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been riding 125's now for four years now and I really need to move on, I planned on doing the test this year but got made redundant in January and it completely messed my life up financially. I am definitely ready for a bigger bike. I think I didn't do it sooner because I was scared of failing. I love my WR and will still keep it, my plan is to buy a superbike to use on a weekend and keep the WR for commuting. The fuel economy is excellent and it is comfortable to ride. I'm just in the process now of learning the theory and hazard perception and once I have passed that I will be straight in for the practical. I'm working that many hours lately that I don't get much time to practise but I don't need much. I've done my research and found a really good riding school which everyone can't recommend enough, so hopefully by xmas I will have my full licence. 

• Like 5

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A plan is always nice mate, hope you make it.

Sooner you do it the better Grouchie they keep making it harder to pass and if they ever decide add say puncture repair to it your screwed!

• Like 2

Those who are afraid to Fall " will never Fly,   ,,you"l make it groucho,  study the theory , till you know it by hart,  .

AS for keeping the 125 after you get the big bike , mmmmmmmmmm .  we"l  see ,,  you wont want to come off the big bike,  its that good, B)

Sooner you do it the better Grouchie they keep making it harder to pass and if they ever decide add say puncture repair to it your screwed!

That would go in my favour. I'm a captain of industry when it comes to punctures now. I can even spell puncture properly haha. They do make it harder every year and bring in more ridiculous laws, so the sooner the better.

Those who are afraid to Fall " will never Fly,   ,,you"l make it groucho,  study the theory , till you know it by hart,  .

AS for keeping the 125 after you get the big bike , mmmmmmmmmm .  we"l  see ,,  you wont want to come off the big bike,  its that good, B)

I understand what your saying but because I bought the bike brand new I will find it hard to sell for probably a quarter of what I paid for it. So unless I'm desperate for the cash I want to keep it. I still haven't paid for it either there is about another year left on the finance. 

Thanks or all positivity and encouragement guys. 

• Like 1

wot you on about john you ride around on that shitty little 2stroke when you have a new triumph at home!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Renewed my CBT this morning with the school I want to do my full licence with. The guy was sound and was really good at his job. I'd been recommended him and they were right! It was ridiculously foggy this morning and the visibility was very poor. Anyway the guy said I would piss the mod 1 and just need a few hours on a big bike for the mod 2. I was numb and proper frozen after so I'm now regretting doing it in the winter, it's really putting me off but I can't put it off any longer.

• Like 2

Good luck. I've been riding the 125 for almost 2 years. I failed my first Mod 1 because my boot touched a cone on the swerve whilst going for the brake! And now I've failed my first Mod 2 because apparently I did not look over my shoulder when changing lanes (I disagree but what can you do!) So from my experience make sure you tuck your feet in and make sure all your observations are theatrically obvious. It is frustrating and expensive but hopefully you have a better time than me!

That's why I have put it off for so long because I don't want to fail over something stupid and I will end up losing it with the instructor. I think I have found a decent guy who isn't a jobsworth, spiteful sort  so I will find out.

Yes I made a cone fly on lessons. Tuck your boots in instructor said. You have experience so just get used to weight/power. Feather that clutch!  Go for it

Regards Simon 

That's why I have put it off for so long because I don't want to fail over something stupid and I will end up losing it with the instructor. I think I have found a decent guy who isn't a jobsworth, spiteful sort  so I will find out.

It is frustrating to fail over the little things, but also I suppose I was glad that it was something easy to fix and nothing to do with my capabilities as a rider!

Good luck grouch, one more big tip to add to the rest is.....................relax, as we all know the bike dose not handle very well with a tense nervous rider. Loose free flowing riding and the bike just turns into an extension of your body.

Whatever you decide Grouchie. Good luck. I'm sure you'll pass it ok, but anyway best of luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online