Steering lock key ! DT 175

Wessie34
This post is 3100 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah fella, there's an 12 mm one on ebay so I'll measure mine later.

Got it running today but now it's blown the fuse ! So fault finding begins,  wonderful. 

Edited by Wessie34

Rectifier diode eh ? Not sure where it is but there's a silver case with fins on and one wire to it but it wasn't earthed when I bought the bike ( it was mounted onto a plastic bracket! ) so I mounted onto a good earthed bracket and assumed voltage rectifier ? Anyway, I guess it's a rect diode, I'll get the Haynes out this weekend and check it. If it's faulty does it just let the volts rise and therefore blow the fuse? I haven't checked running voltage yet as I thought it was a wiring issue. Thanks for the tip, Dave

There is a way of picking the lock, done this a few times on my XT frames, ones the lock is out there is a key number on the top flat section

that corresponds with the key number you need.

TTB

• Like 1

Ah ! Wrong again, thought I knew what I was doing there for a minute. I'm hoping they're easily available.  Will check this aft.

Also,  thanks Tommy, I'll give it a go.

Ok, got a rectifier ordered, thanks

Edited by Wessie34
updated

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online