Squires 2016

drewpy
This post is 2743 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm not staying over but its a nice end to the day.

shall i book for 6 peeps for 7pm?

Sounds good. I'm hoping to make it for the ride out, what time is it setting off?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, finnerz89 said:

Sounds good. I'm hoping to make it for the ride out, what time is it setting off?

meant to be 12 oclock, , but seen summat about 1pm ,on 2T forum,,

Ok cheers mate, think I'll be leaving straight after work, arrive at 10ish hopefully

OK lads, am goin,,,, prob be evening time b4 I get there. I'll be tramping up the road from London !!! See use later B)

• Like 1

Chinese booked for 6 people at 7pm under the name of Tommy :D

they still do the all you can eat for £15 which is reasonable for the area.

see you all tomorrow

I'm leaving shortly - i'll probably arrive about 9pm.

Can someone get another space at the chy knees for me?

in a bit

Well that's me back, fed and post shower. Feel kind of human, in as much as you can averaging 200mile a day on my tdr. Didn't quite touch 600mls.

Slice was well met, we had some silliness up the Fosse way going North. John as usual a gent. Brought the life of every party with him.

Pat and Mervin arrived on Fri, Andy, Tommy, kev and Murph came for the rideout and we met Paul and Las later on Saturday.

Will not miss the Chinese place we went to for food on Saturday, took way too long and was easily forgotten. Biggest injustice, it kept us from a few beers and Las. Gutted about that mate.

The official response is blaming Tommy.

Weather was best described as weird, not unpleasant but not really brilliant for riding either. Either sticky or cold, no middle.

• Like 3

That was a blast folks, a great weekend.

Meet Review headlines:

(1) Soup's off

(2) Squire's tea and breakfast still mediocre.

(3) White LCs are better looking than yellow perils.

(4) All you can eat isn't what it seems.

Great stuff.

• Like 4

Yeh " good weekend,   great to see old faces and Slice,,  finners appeared on his newly built DT125 , super moto, after the ride out, ,

Merv & pat & carboard-dave , first  appearance to squires for years, , , great paintwork on Kevs & tommys bikes, .

• Like 4

photos are here Folks

miserable bastards at oil can

WP_20160910_001_zpsxmtxjrh3.jpg

interlude on the ride out, that rd350 behind mine was in a duel with me. we were doing a ton round one bend ( a long one)

WP_20160910_002_zpsiigr6li5.jpg

WP_20160910_003_zpsh4vq5ajb.jpg

Dg heads, very nice

WP_20160910_004_zpshrpju4aj.jpg

our now, traditional Scabs beach photo

WP_20160910_007_zpsitxltbb8.jpg

the infamouse chinky meal which took 3 hours to be served. This is the first or second of the individual starters that we got. Kev running the gamot of soup jokes whist trying to enjoy it

WP_20160910_008_zpskdmkvmem.jpg

got a group photo in the chinese. Tommy ordered a load of food at the end thinking it would take at least 1/2 hour, came in 5 mins and there was too much. there was a caveat in that any wasted food was to be charged so Tommy stuff some insdie his kecks, Kev had the bright idea of each of us breaking it up and distributing the entrails across 8 plates

WP_20160910_010_zpsqy3gtoi2.jpg

• Like 8

Great to catch up with some old face an meet some new. 

That very bouncy swing arm on the triumph turned into a jack hammer by the time i got to wetherby and the just legal square rear tyre is now random flat. Front saturday morning rear sunday afternoon

Ride out was great on the open but hard work for me on them tight twisties. TDR a must next time, old stiff tall Tiger is not ment for cranking hard over but i knew what to expect so tried to stay at the back not to get in the way

Snug as bug by second night of tent minus bedding. 

Hope you all got back ok see you in six years/miles or before

• Like 5

Was a laugh to wander up the Fosse way with Jason (cynic) even tho I can't go round corners as fast as he can, good to meet some of you from the forum. Got home wet and cold but m/way was heaving with traffic so just happy to survive to be honest. I will come to this again, just watching all the bikes made me smile. Thanks lads for making me welcome.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, slice said:

Was a laugh to wander up the Fosse way with Jason (cynic) even tho I can't go round corners as fast as he can, good to meet some of you from the forum. Got home wet and cold but m/way was heaving with traffic so just happy to survive to be honest. I will come to this again, just watching all the bikes made me smile. Thanks lads for making me welcome.

not got your phone # yet Slice, did you send it?

Got back OK, had a good time, just wish I stayed longer and did bit more riding round with you lot, leaving early was a bad idea cause hardly got talking to the Saturday lads at all. I'll know better next time. Anyway was great to catch up with you all again, wasn't to many faces left out from the very first year. 

B)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 2 Wheels said:

Got back OK, had a good time, just wish I stayed longer and did bit more riding round with you lot, leaving early was a bad idea cause hardly got talking to the Saturday lads at all. I'll know better next time. Anyway was great to catch up with you all again, wasn't to many faces left out from the very first year. 

B)

nice to see you Pat,  I believe you are working on the new underground? my mate is project manager for Murphy's who are doing that job

• Like 1