Squires 2016

drewpy
This post is 2742 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

it in, 2016 Squres meet

The date for the 2016 gathering has been agreed with Squires, its going to be the weekend of 9th, 10th, and 11th September.

That weekend avoids a clash with the IOM classic TT and just about keeps to our traditional slot of early September.

I reckon the format will be identical to this year which seemed to be big success.... Friday night in the Café for a few beers ,Saturday rideout, Saturday evening in the Bar for beer and banter, then another ride on the Sunday...

We will be doing a flyer and promoting it a bit later on but get it in your diaries now!!

• drewpy pinned this topic
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

JD.jpg Mouthwash Kev !!!!

• Like 3

Did someone say TSHIRTS??!?! :D

i'll pencil it in, it doesn't clash with dorset so should all be good, assuming im not out in some sandy wasteland or something.

Edited by wild foamy

Hey, I remember a place called squires, I went there a few years back and met a fine bunch of lads who were all good crack.

I must go again, so maybe this could be the year

:D

• Like 4

Well I'm planning on several overnights next year, already have some plans in mind for some hard luggage for the TDR.

First trip will be easter at least. may be earlier if spring shows early. Will def be at squires though, kind of the Law now eh.

I'm thinking of lightweight, 3mm ply with a 1mm ally skin and ally angle to construct the boxes, then use 20x40 thin wall steel box for the main bearers shaped so they support the boxes from below.

I'm aiming for light, (small ammo boxes are 15kg apiece) and deformable (ammo boxes are not!). It would be disastrous to have the bike fall over and damage the rear sub frame that isn't that substantial. I would sooner the paniers are sacrificed.

Need to do a dozen other things first mind....:rolleyes:

I might see if i can make it, will pencil it in and keep reminding the wife i wanna go and hopefully the Bandit will be built and broken in by then

O and i want a T-shirt

Edited by Noise

• 2 weeks later...

Im back to working on FUCR now, brakes are off and getting stripped tomorrow, wheels are with ProBike in Newbury for new rubber, who knows this might be its year.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well folks suppose its time to rattle the branches.

Who will be going this year..

Me "  :beerchug:,  and will be at the Northern Fizzy run, 2/3rd of july ,B)

• Like 1

Will check the dates, should be there though!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

On 03/02/2016 at 10:07 PM, Airhead said:

Damn, somethings come up and its at the same time, I'm sorry but I'm out this time :(

too bad Paul.

Hoping to go, bit too early in the year yet for work rota