Anyone own an FZR600 3HE and a steel rule?

robrow
This post is 3079 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI y'all, 

I have enjoyed 500 miles on my xj600 this year but decided that I want to make a few mods, so it is time to pull her apart and make some changes over winter....

I have looked on xjrider.com and a lot of the diversion owners are swapping for fzr front ends and swing arms, so  I am looking to do the same to the earlier model...

was wondering whether anyone with a 3HE would mind taking a few measurements and letting me know. Prior to having an ebay buying session, I would like to get an idea of what I am likely to have to chop and change.....

I really only wanted distance between centres of the forks at the top, overall open length of forks,  distance between fork mounting faces of the front wheel, and the same for the rear wheel.....

The idea is the conversion would give me wider front and rear wheels, bigger brakes, better forks, while hopefully retaining my original for mounts.

The other option is that I widen the front and rear wheels, and modify what I have. which would be cool as it would retain the original old skool wheel centres....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Drewpy, I am not technically a newbie, although i have very few posts to my name I did join in 2013 and pick up the thread below.

Hi Drewpy, I am not technically a newbie, although i have very few posts to my name I did join in 2013 and pick up the thread below.

fair point mate was looking at your rep rather than the post (need me glasses on). just don't have an FZR only a FZ so can't help.

TBH most yams of the same era share similar setups

cheers mate, I will probably just go for it and create some frankenstein...

• 2 weeks later...

Just in the process of fitting a 2000 R6 rear shock, and then turning my attention to the front. I am of two minds at present, I might just get the original dampers reworked by Maxton who are quite local. but we shall see... I will post my progress up if anyone is interested.

Having recently bought a complete bike as a donor I am tempted to use the left over frame as a template to build onto, which might just end up as new project.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online