"Hesitant" acceleration on Virago XV250

cliverlong
This post is 2757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi 

From time to time, the revs on my XV250 seem to take half a second to kick in when I twist the throttle. Now, I'm not expecting superbike responsiveness but it is this unpredictability that interests/concerns me. I have cleaned the air filter (the oil that came out seemed pretty clean to me) but this had no positive effect. Could the carb need cleaning?

and .... what's bothering me is I am developing a tendency to really yank the throttle to compensate then the Virago takes off down the road propelled by the power of many horses.

Clive

Edited by cliverlong
Added more info

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is it a vacuum operated fuel tap?

The carb rubber need to have no leaks/splits etc, fuel tap needs to be working properly and clean inside, as does the filter inside the fuel tank, no kinks in the fuel pipes, clean fresh fuel, throttle cables set correctly. Eliminate the easy ones before fettling with the carb

• 1 year later...

Finally .....

A completely new "Marving" exhaust from WeMoto in Brighton seems to have cured this "hesitancy". Also I am breathing in less fumes when the bike is stationary - the bike is chucking them out the back to the next punter.

Clive

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online