Virago 250 headlight flasher not working. Exhaust replacement in UK?

cliverlong
This post is 3128 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I have "inherited" an "N" reg 250 Virago (XV250 Dragstar elsewhere?). It runs nicely and I am working on getting rid of the obvious rust points.

I have two problems that need fixing and I need some help on.

The headlight flasher has stopped working. I am assuming when I switch to high beam that filament of the lamp is what the flasher switch powers up temporarily. The high beam works so the bulb is ok (?). Any ideas how I diagnose and fix the problem with the flasher switch?

Separately, does anyone know where I can source the down pipes for the exhaust? Currently mine are badly rusted, patched up with gun gum but there are still leaks. I have searched online but I can't find a reference to the exhaust downpipes in the UK.

Thanks,

Clive

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wemoto have them http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/xv_250_s_virago/94/exhaust/

Bit expensive but at least you know they are in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the headlight flasher, I have fixed it.

I took the switch unit apart and peered inside. Luckily the rocker switch is in a housing that comes apart so the whole thing disassembles. All I did was rub down the contacts with 600 emery paper and wiped the contact surfaces with meths. Flasher unit works now. I don't think a switch unit fitted today would be serviceable.

temp.jpg.jpg

Edited by cliverlong
Added image

Lucky mate, usually a new unit that you don't need don't want and can't afford.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online