On the floor ...

This post is 3119 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We've all been there dear girl, as long as you don't have to get carried away from the crash then you just feel a twit!

Yep. I lowsided on a country road at a sharp corner. Problems only doing 15 to 20 mph. Hit some muck off a tractor and I was gone. Gear did its job. Had a sore leg for a while, and a little more experience!

The scary part is:-

What would your injuries be in jeans and trainers? How many people do you see in exactly that?

Head didn't hit the ground so helmet is fine. Would definately get a new one if it had though. I slid on some gravel that had been dragged from a passing place by a car or something on a country road. Bruised knees and bruised ego! Managed to ride back home ok.

Heya Toxic,

Sod you - How is the poor bike? :lol:

Nah, kidding - Good to see you're upright and seeming unshaken from the experience. Back on the saddle and back out there, eh!

"Oh, the taste of your lips, I'm on a ride
You're toxic, I'm slippin' under..."

Sorry, got that song in my head!!

:welcome: to the YOC.

my first off was at 60 on a bend when i ran off the tyres. I was young and bounced like you do

:welcome: to the YOC.

my first off was at 60 on a bend when i ran off the tyres. I was young and bounced like you do

he was OK he landed on his head

I've heard that you aren't a real biker until you've fallen off ... 

Then I'm not a real biker .................... and would like to keep it that way, thanks.

...... but good to hear you walked away.

getting back on the horse as it were, all be it a steel one :P 

"Ohhhhhh, Ah'm a Cowboy...... on a steeeeeeeeel horrrrse Ah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide...
I'm wanted (waaaaaaaan-teeeeeeeeeed)...... Dead Or Ah-Laaaaaaaaiiiiiiiive..."

Heh heh - Sorry, your comment got another song started in my head! :lol:

Welcome to the slightly scuffed world of biking :) If you get any confidence wobbles, just do a web search for 100 (or any other number!) ways to drop your bike and see how many of us have done it before you ;)

Edited by Katie1
  • Like 1