Not what I planned

meatloaf
This post is 3124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Planned to ride from surrey to Weymouth today to take advantage of the sun, after a badly sign posted diversion near Winchester ended up on some awsome Dorset country roads so ended up touring Dorset and ended up in somerset, late afternoon after being held up by one to many herds of cows crossing the road I decided to head home but I was totally lost and course when I got my phone out to use the sat nav there was no signal and the battery soon died.After following my nose for a while eventually found myself homeward bound and finished with a blast up the M3 ( sadly intterupted by roadworks). Got home much later than planned, very tired and hungry but found some amazing roads saw a lot of quaint villages and rode through a lot beautiful country side. All in all a great days riding.

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have to  disagree , I panic when im lost , wondering if I will find a filling station,

as I once had to push my xs500 over some moors it felt like furkin miles in fact it was miles,

I don't know where this happened as I was lost :blush:

• Like 2

I have to  disagree , I panic when im lost , wondering if I will find a filling station,

as I once had to push my xs500 over some moors it felt like furkin miles in fact it was miles,

I don't know where this happened as I was lost :blush:

it was OK, I wasn't really  lost I just didn't know where I was. 

i always fill up when I've done 100 miles and I know that I can do at least another 45 before I need to panic. Anyway while trying to find my way out of deepest Dorset I think I passed the same filling station twice so no problem :)

it was OK, I wasn't really  lost I just didn't know where I was. 

:crylaugh: ,,A touch of the Grouch"o  Marx  there meaty,    luv it,,,,,,,,,,,:thumb:

Edited by blackhat250

Yeah that's a "I always know where I am it's the place I'm looking for that's lost" moment. :lol:

There are some good roads down 'er its just all the cow shit and tra'ers that spoil them.

if you ever fancy the journey again give me a shout, doors always open for YOCers

Once the Bandit is on the road i fancy a dabble up ta rode for some road sightings

Edited by Noise
  • Like 1